This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So people hate RE6 because its popular?

#101shawnmckPosted 10/10/2012 2:44:52 PM
RE6 is hated because its not like 4.

Not me though, cause I think its great.
I would have preferred a game more like RE4 as well with a bigger emphasis on survival horror....but that doesn't mean that I am going to throw a tantrum either just because I didn't get my way.
I'll just view it like an Action 3rd-person shooter and enjoy it for what it is.

Haters are just gonna hate.
#102RetroFanGirlPosted 10/10/2012 2:45:11 PM
No, its just bad.
---
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj34PPN6RHY
#103singhellotakuPosted 10/10/2012 3:01:03 PM
No people don't like it because its boring and makes some very bad design choices.
#104WayavasPosted 10/10/2012 3:01:30 PM
When RE4 came around it was a very new thing and changed everything, true, RE: Dead Aim was the first experiment with this kind of gameplay....When RE5 came, it didnt get as much hate as this game.
This game has been historic because its the first time a RE game gets so much negative attention, and for fair reasons.
---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#105crazyman32Posted 10/10/2012 3:03:10 PM
GameMan27 posted...
I remember when the RE series was about bioweapons...oh wait.

yeah how about that it's called Biohazard 6 in Japan.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#106CaliberChampPosted 10/10/2012 3:11:15 PM
I wouldn't call RE6 bad. It seems like a slighty better than average game. Now if you want to talk about niche games that suck, that would be Dark Souls. Which is a lot worse than RE6.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Unrecommended games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, FF14, SFxT,
#107diebuster2Posted 10/10/2012 3:21:25 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
No they hate it because it's a bad game, Most people who like it just like it off Brand Recognition.

---
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain" - Harvey Dent.
#108DrEaM_420(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 3:28:17 PM
Wow I made this topic this morning, went to work, come home and its still here, after reading a few pages I have come to this conclusion.

RE6 is fantastic, I would say better then 5, almost as a good as 4...only reason I say that is because I have played the heck out of 4 and I am not done with 6.

The reasons for hate are not justified, and screw brand name recognition...I'd play this regardless of the name.
---
:)
#109WayavasPosted 10/10/2012 3:44:43 PM
DrEaM_420 posted...
Wow I made this topic this morning, went to work, come home and its still here, after reading a few pages I have come to this conclusion.

RE6 is fantastic, I would say better then 5, almost as a good as 4...only reason I say that is because I have played the heck out of 4 and I am not done with 6.

The reasons for hate are not justified, and screw brand name recognition...I'd play this regardless of the name.

obvious troll is obvious
---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#110Gatchan2Posted 10/10/2012 3:53:27 PM
Why would RE fans hate RE6 because it's RE? They don't hate it because it's popular they hate it because they think it sucks and is a disappointment to the series. Same with Operation Raccoon City.
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo