This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So people hate RE6 because its popular?

#111Grandy12Posted 10/10/2012 4:54:27 PM
DrEaM_420 posted...
Wow I made this topic this morning, went to work, come home and its still here, after reading a few pages I have come to this conclusion.

RE6 is fantastic, I would say better then 5, almost as a good as 4...only reason I say that is because I have played the heck out of 4 and I am not done with 6.

You had this conclusion before even making this topic up, Dream.

You're not fooling anyone.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#112BarneyBoscoPosted 10/10/2012 4:59:23 PM
I played the demo & hated it, felt like a generic 3rd person shooter with terrible quick time events. I'm no RE fan however but did like RE4 and 1. Not even interested in renting it, just wish all the RE6 doesn't suck topics will die down, because it seems like most feel the same as I do, sorry. inb4 u never played teh.. demo was enough for me, again sorry if that hurts feelings.
---
http://www.mykaussie.com/images/Tennis1.jpg
#113NCPwnPosted 10/10/2012 5:04:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#114Gatchan2Posted 10/10/2012 5:21:29 PM
BarneyBosco posted...
sorry if that hurts feelings.

You probably don't have a GC or Wii, (or Dolphin) but if you do I recommend checking out REmake since you liked the first one
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
#115thornphleshPosted 10/10/2012 5:45:51 PM
There's a multitude of reasons why people dislike RE6. Certainly, being popular isn't at the top of the list. I am a stalwart RE fan, I don't like the direction the series has taken but nonetheless, it remains RE to me. You all have to remember that you are the gamer of today. Tomorrow, RE may look and feel like Minecraft for all we know. I can tell you that because I never imagined RE turning into an action game. We are all in the same boat. We love RE. It may dissapoint some of us, but what doesn't? I suppose it give many long time fans the right to air their grievances, but it doesn't mean they hate RE.
---
who loves ya baby
#116Dark_SpiretPosted 10/10/2012 6:20:33 PM
BarneyBosco posted...
I played the demo & hated it, felt like a generic 3rd person shooter with terrible quick time events. I'm no RE fan however but did like RE4 and 1. Not even interested in renting it, just wish all the RE6 doesn't suck topics will die down, because it seems like most feel the same as I do, sorry. inb4 u never played teh.. demo was enough for me, again sorry if that hurts feelings.
And thats the biggest problem the game is facing. people dont know just what the game is trying to do, which is in part at the fault of capcom fro not having a decent tutorial to show the player. they play the demo and see move and shoot, a cover system, a simple melee system and action and think its generic tripe. I honestly felt the exact same when i first played the demo, i was very meh on it. however i played it again and started to learn just what you can do witht he games' system and thought "huh, this isnt too bad", played it again and thought "hey, this is pretty good". i eventually i bought the game and now its one of my favorite ps3 games.

imo this games' mechanics are the barrier to entry. most people who played the demo probably didnt know you can even slide(while shooting) that actually stuns enemies, roll, duck, partner targeting commands, being able to auto combine herbs and heal as much as you hit the bumper(instead of one each time), being able to actually pull off melee combos including an instant kill when meleeing from behind and context situations(depending on where enemies are standing), being able to roll into recovery when about to get knocked down. On top of the quickshoot mechanics. when you do everything the game has it feels FAR from generic. Actually while playing it i kept getting flashbacks to vanquish in a way. Combine all of that with the ammo and resource management and the game has its own feel from both past RE's and most action games.

while this doesnt fix certain problems the demo may show(qte's, finicky camera) it does help with just how the game is meant to be played which can increase your enjoyment of it. This is why i tend to get puzzled when people see action, a cover system and qte's and somehow think the game is a CoD or Gears clone which is so far from the truth its sad.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2 - Torchlight 2 - Resident Evil 6
#117Majoras_pantsPosted 10/10/2012 6:52:16 PM
Some of us just miss survival horror games, and Resident Evil used to be the best ones.

But action horror is the future of that brand and people need to accept it. Either enjoy it, or look for survival horror games. I for one look for survival horror games, but I don't complain that Resident Evil changed genres. it happens.
#118Phasmatis92Posted 10/10/2012 7:50:07 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
No they hate it because it's a bad game, Most people who like it just like it off Brand Recognition.

---
The hissy fits about Bayonetta 2 being Wii U exclusive is a sad testament to how entitled, rude, and childish gamers today can be. It makes all gamers look bad.
#119calhoun1389Posted 10/10/2012 8:01:49 PM
I think lot of the hate is coming from the fact that the fans' "voting with their wallets" isn't working when fans of a different genre are making up for the losses in sales from RE fans' departures. Capcom doesn't give a damn about the fans that loyally bought 1-3 and all the PS2/GC/whatever side games because they know that the CoD (read: action shooter) crowd will easily make up for the departure of the original fanbase.

Because the sales aren't going down, it's up to the fans to convince others to stop funding this crap, otherwise we'll never see a real RE game again.
---
My first born, Jackson was born on Friday, May 11, 2012.
'I just wanted to be the best Pokemon Master I could be." - Michael Vick
#120diebuster2Posted 10/10/2012 8:29:36 PM
Grandy12 posted...
gfrequency posted...
People hate RE6 because *hating* is popular.

Grandy12 posted...
Kaliesto posted...
the haters are usually from a stock of 4chan sub-breeds, made to hate everything.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64202409

^relevant

^Still relevant

Very well said there Grandy. I have to agree with you on that.
---
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain" - Harvey Dent.