This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So people hate RE6 because its popular?

#21darkshadowmasterPosted 10/10/2012 8:44:39 AM
DrEaM_420 posted...
How is this game, in anyway, like Gears of War or Call of Duty? I mean I understand they both have guns...but these games play absolutely nothing a like...I have yet to see any logical reasoning behind this.

Anyway, RE6 is amazing, tons of characters and stories...it keeps getting better and better, especially when you slam some zombies head into a fence post.

I don't think the entire game is like GoW but the campaign for Chris plays like a high action third person cover shooter. That is what I'm assuming people are referring to when they say it's like GoW.

That campaign is actually one of the reasons I will probably never finish the game though, just not a fan of what they did.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#22DrGonzo615Posted 10/10/2012 8:47:40 AM
icewolf74 posted...
It is also because we have a ton of RE fanboys who are not getting their way of wanting classic Resident Evil; which is their main criticism. Instead, with RE6 (RE4 and RE5, also) we are getting some new and fresh gameplay with a change up in the game with more action with zombies and awesome characters instead of constant backtracking through empty corridors and puzzle solving as the main gameplay elements.

Honestly these fanboys have been crying ever since RE4. Just ignore them and eventually they will go away.

-Is it so much to ask that the game that created survival horror actually be scary?

-Since when is a 3rd person shooter with quick time events and a lot of stages set pieces considered "fresh"?

Also there is a lot more wrong with RE6 besides not being scary....namely the finicky camera, meh level design, abundance of QTEs, and flat out weird design decisions (why is taking cover so damn akward?)

Its a brand new game but it feels like it was developed years ago, theres so many basic things that this game fumbles with that other older games have just about perfected its just....strange
---
A Ducati and a track to run it on....Heaven
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/DrGonzo615/CP__1021.jpg
#23DrEaM_420(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 8:54:15 AM
I still haven't seen anyone give me a logical comparison to GoW or CoD.

Are you saying because of one characters storyline its instantly comparable to GoW because of the automatic weapons and zombies?

My goodness...
---
:)
#24DarkSymbiotePosted 10/10/2012 8:55:34 AM
DrEaM_420 posted...

Are you saying because of one characters storyline its instantly comparable to GoW because of the automatic weapons and zombies?

My goodness...

I already have. You just ignored it.
---
My Darksiders II Review:
gamefaqs.com/xbox360/988570-darksiders-ii/reviews/review-151743
#25Dark_SpiretPosted 10/10/2012 8:57:19 AM
at its core it feels like RE6 tries to go into full on action tropes that you find in most modern games while still holding on to RE's classic archaic designs only in its own way. the clunky cover system, the health system, the camera, the dodge mechanics ect. always seem more intrusive than they should be, but they are also like that for reason. the RE series has a history of limiting the player for artificial reasons. They dont want the player to be too well equipped or have too much control as to increase tension. the series was always liek this.

and personally i dont mind it. you can consider it old design, but i feel it works and despite using many modern game designs be it QTE's, linear levels, larger emphasis on set-pieces ect. it still manages to come off as its own unique entity be it from the older RE's or newer action games. And while not everything works it manages to combine everything intoa crazy over the top expereince that still offers a certain gameplay feel you dont see in most games or even other RE games.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2 - Torchlight 2 - Resident Evil 6
#26Grandy12Posted 10/10/2012 9:04:59 AM
DrEaM_420 posted...

My goodness...

Don't take our word for it, take Capcom's.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/resident-evil-series-aiming-for-more-action-like-call-of-duty/

On Operation Raccoon City: “The dream would be that the millions of Call of Duty fans that are enjoying these fast-paced online games are attracted to this Resident Evil.”

Sure, they are talking about Raccoon City, not RE6, but then RE6 went and followed RC's lead...
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#27kilaudePosted 10/10/2012 9:05:23 AM
I don't hate it, it's just it shouldn't have Resident Evil in the title because RE this game is not. Just another generic action-game.
#28abnergoinbigPosted 10/10/2012 9:08:17 AM
I love it and will be playing for a long time.
#29DrEaM_420(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 9:11:25 AM
So when GTA V comes out, if there is an automatic weapon, the boards will be flooded with OMG COD CLONE OMG I NEED NEW PANTS AND TISSUES.
---
:)
#30DarkSymbiotePosted 10/10/2012 9:14:45 AM
DrEaM_420 posted...
So when GTA V comes out, if there is an automatic weapon, the boards will be flooded with OMG COD CLONE OMG I NEED NEW PANTS AND TISSUES.

No. Just read the above link and go away.
---
My Darksiders II Review:
gamefaqs.com/xbox360/988570-darksiders-ii/reviews/review-151743