This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So people hate RE6 because its popular?

#91SatanLovesUsAllPosted 10/10/2012 12:56:44 PM
People hate RE6 because *hating* is popular.

This pitiful line has been regurgitated so many times that it's become incredibly sad when someone spits it out.
---
Some call me Stan.
PSN: Impaired_Medic
#92crazyman32Posted 10/10/2012 1:40:24 PM(edited)
MrSmadSmartAlex posted...
To turn the question around, are people supposed to refrain from posting any criticism of it, or even pretend to like it, because it's popular?

no,you can say you can have a valid reason to hate the game. I am talking about the certain posters who trash people and call them elitists or whatever else simply because,they dare to like RE6.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#93Jon_GodPosted 10/10/2012 12:59:20 PM
As someone who has not played the game, does not plan to, and isn't even a fan of the series...

I can say, i think the issue is that people grew up with the original Resident Evil games, and what they've turned into is something wholely different.

It's like, if Mario suddenly was all about quick time events or something, with less emphasis on platforming. Sure some people might enjoy it, but it's no longer the Mario people grew up with.

The other thing, is it becomes a lose-lose situation for those who liked the original games, either this game is successful, and they make more like, or it's a failure, and they stop making RE games for a while.

-JG
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#94Stanger5150Posted 10/10/2012 1:08:49 PM
DarthSchubert posted...
RE6 might be a great game. But it isn't the game I wanted. If you loved McDonalds (sick, I know) but one day they became a Pizza joint, you wouldn't be happy, even if the pizza was awesome.

Resident Evil was once THE premier horror series. Now it's an action series. Regardless of your opinion of the games as action games (I'm not a fan) you'd still be annoyed if you were an original fan since they switched genres.

I think it's made worse by the rarity of good horror games. Dead Space 3 is looking to take the same path as RE; more action, less horror. Silent Hill is consistently inconsistent. Alan Wake was a breath of fresh air. What else do you have? Gotta head to the PC.

There are already 10+ top tier action games a year, between FPS and over-the-shoulder games, not to mention God of War type games. Horror fans get 1-2 a year, tops.

I was an original fan, and I love RE6.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Fatal Frame III, Resident Evil 6, Super Mario Bros. 3, Zombies Ate My Neighbors
#95crazyman32Posted 10/10/2012 1:15:43 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
DarthSchubert posted...
RE6 might be a great game. But it isn't the game I wanted. If you loved McDonalds (sick, I know) but one day they became a Pizza joint, you wouldn't be happy, even if the pizza was awesome.

Resident Evil was once THE premier horror series. Now it's an action series. Regardless of your opinion of the games as action games (I'm not a fan) you'd still be annoyed if you were an original fan since they switched genres.

I think it's made worse by the rarity of good horror games. Dead Space 3 is looking to take the same path as RE; more action, less horror. Silent Hill is consistently inconsistent. Alan Wake was a breath of fresh air. What else do you have? Gotta head to the PC.

There are already 10+ top tier action games a year, between FPS and over-the-shoulder games, not to mention God of War type games. Horror fans get 1-2 a year, tops.

I was an original fan, and I love RE6.

same here I played the original when it first came out and the rest after that and yeah I am a fan of RE6.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#96GarchompTamerPosted 10/10/2012 1:26:29 PM
Maybe its because the game sucks?
---
I will not change this signature until Sam Worthington Voices acts in an Elder Scrolls or Fallout Video Game. Started 9/29/11
#97Grandy12Posted 10/10/2012 1:45:17 PM
gfrequency posted...
People hate RE6 because *hating* is popular.

Grandy12 posted...
Kaliesto posted...
the haters are usually from a stock of 4chan sub-breeds, made to hate everything.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64202409

^relevant

^Still relevant
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#98nurnbergPosted 10/10/2012 2:32:47 PM
They hate it because a few angry, fat and irrelevant neckbeards decided to unfairly bash the game in their reviews, and as the gaming community is filled with sheep that will just do what they are told, the sheeps bash RE6 because it's the cool thing to do right now.
#99GameMan27Posted 10/10/2012 2:40:35 PM
I remember when the RE series was about bioweapons...oh wait.
---
You just lost the game.
#100TehTrumpCardPosted 10/10/2012 2:41:38 PM
I think I'm speaking for myself when I say this.

RE4 was a good genre-transition for the RE series (if you don't consider RE2 or 3 action games). It was a blend between FPS and survival horror because even though enemies dropped ammo, you still had to have skill (at least on the first playthrough). Melee was not useless for any of the characters. Ch.1-4 play like classic REs and only small portions of Ch.5 play like classic REs.

Granted the story was not there and it felt like some other game with RE slapped on It feels like a good entry point for the series for anyone who hasn't already played RE1-3.

RE5 I think messed up because the story isn't fully explained even though it's supposed to be the conclusion of the Wesker saga, you get a better explanation in RE4 of what happened in previous games than in 5. Also it feels like the good points of 4 were not included and the bad parts of RE1-4 were fully embraced, with the lack of the RE survival horror atmosphere.

IMHO RE6's new controls feel as funny as RE3's it seems like it takes the entire game just to get a handle on them (or a campaign) and even then you may still die to not using the new mechanic properly.

RE got famous from it's predecessors yet it doesn't try to acknowledge them more than what feels like three or four times.
---
If you are God, and the delusion becomes reality. About what kind of the noids you get? Is it the sensual world? The despotic society? Destructive sanctions? Or