This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Glitches in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning?

#1greatmario3Posted 10/11/2012 7:41:47 AM
When I was playing the DEMO last night, a few very noticable glitches occured.

- The ground would disappear below me after exiting some buildings in partial sections

- The sound would stop working completely in some areas of the game

- When trying to converse with people, the dialog would skip really fast and I couldn't make out what people were trying to tell me

Do these glitches appear in the full version of the game?
---
PSN ID: Dominic935
"They look like monsters to you?" - Vincent
#2theshovellerPosted 10/11/2012 7:49:44 AM(edited)
The demo for Kingdoms of Amalur is horribly bug-ridden compared to, at least, the PC version (though I've heard the same for the console-equivalents.)

I played the demo on all three systems. On the PS3, I had texture issues that resulted in a "mirror-flowing-water-thing" effect. On the 360, I had sound issues - the music would loop the same 5-10 seconds of music, and all sound effects and voices disappeared from the game. On PC... well...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=9764536

Yeah, my person had no head for a good ten, fifteen minutes of gameplay.

I've never encountered a single bug when I was playing the full release on PC. They used a crap build for the demo, is all.
#3deprofundis442Posted 10/11/2012 7:48:38 AM
I never experienced any of those in the full version.
#4ComfortablySadPosted 10/11/2012 7:59:10 AM
I have 43 hours in the full version and haven't encountered any bugs.
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
New site -- http://astutegamers.forumotion.com/portal
#5True_FoeHammerPosted 10/11/2012 8:04:56 AM
The demo is well-known to be garbage, as far as being representative of the technical quality of the full game. I never experienced a glitch in the full game. You'll be safe.
#6servb0tsPosted 10/11/2012 8:09:05 AM
Just the Demo I've experienced this, not the full game I played like 35 hours, than got bored lol.
---
PSN Qornut. Proud to be a gamer on Nintendo & Sony systems. August 18th 2011 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3.
#7ComfortablySadPosted 10/11/2012 8:26:53 AM
I have some friendly advice for you TC; if you decide to buy KoA:R, play on Hard difficulty. It's one of the easiest games I've ever played and will get boring fast on anything but Hard.
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
New site -- http://astutegamers.forumotion.com/portal
#8True_FoeHammerPosted 10/11/2012 8:52:41 AM
ComfortablySad posted...
I have some friendly advice for you TC; if you decide to buy KoA:R, play on Hard difficulty. It's one of the easiest games I've ever played and will get boring fast on anything but Hard.

Seconded.

Even on hard the game is a bit easy. But I was also playing a pure warrior, which is generally the easiest class in games, so that might have skewed my experience.
#9king_maddenPosted 10/11/2012 9:49:32 AM
the demo was a very early build, all the glitches that were there in the demo are gone in the full version.