This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Glitches in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Glitches in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning?
4 years ago#1
When I was playing the DEMO last night, a few very noticable glitches occured.

- The ground would disappear below me after exiting some buildings in partial sections

- The sound would stop working completely in some areas of the game

- When trying to converse with people, the dialog would skip really fast and I couldn't make out what people were trying to tell me

Do these glitches appear in the full version of the game?
PSN ID: Dominic935
"They look like monsters to you?" - Vincent
4 years ago#2
The demo for Kingdoms of Amalur is horribly bug-ridden compared to, at least, the PC version (though I've heard the same for the console-equivalents.)

I played the demo on all three systems. On the PS3, I had texture issues that resulted in a "mirror-flowing-water-thing" effect. On the 360, I had sound issues - the music would loop the same 5-10 seconds of music, and all sound effects and voices disappeared from the game. On PC... well...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=9764536

Yeah, my person had no head for a good ten, fifteen minutes of gameplay.

I've never encountered a single bug when I was playing the full release on PC. They used a crap build for the demo, is all.
4 years ago#3
I never experienced any of those in the full version.
4 years ago#4
I have 43 hours in the full version and haven't encountered any bugs.
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
New site -- http://astutegamers.forumotion.com/portal
4 years ago#5
The demo is well-known to be garbage, as far as being representative of the technical quality of the full game. I never experienced a glitch in the full game. You'll be safe.
4 years ago#6
Just the Demo I've experienced this, not the full game I played like 35 hours, than got bored lol.
PSN Qornut. Proud to be a gamer on Nintendo & Sony systems. August 18th 2011 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3.
4 years ago#7
I have some friendly advice for you TC; if you decide to buy KoA:R, play on Hard difficulty. It's one of the easiest games I've ever played and will get boring fast on anything but Hard.
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
New site -- http://astutegamers.forumotion.com/portal
4 years ago#8
ComfortablySad posted...
I have some friendly advice for you TC; if you decide to buy KoA:R, play on Hard difficulty. It's one of the easiest games I've ever played and will get boring fast on anything but Hard.

Seconded.

Even on hard the game is a bit easy. But I was also playing a pure warrior, which is generally the easiest class in games, so that might have skewed my experience.
4 years ago#9
the demo was a very early build, all the glitches that were there in the demo are gone in the full version.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Glitches in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived