This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why no HD collection for KOTOR 1 and 2?

#1AssaultMonkey9Posted 10/11/2012 10:50:34 AM
Huge opportunity right there, are they still considered xbox/pc exclusive??
---
Boycott Gamestop. Bad for gamers, bad for the industry.
PSN: AssaultMonkey150
#2TheTrueNubPosted 10/11/2012 10:52:13 AM
Because LucasArts forgot how to make money a long, long time ago.
#3pecorrePosted 10/11/2012 10:52:28 AM
AssaultMonkey9 posted...
Huge opportunity right there, are they still considered xbox/pc exclusive??

I'd buy this. I played the first years ago on PC (and loved it!) and never had the chance to play the sequel.
#4AssaultMonkey9(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 11:00:56 AM
I have KOTOR on PC, but the problem is it has HUGE issues with windows 7, and controller imputs dont work too well
---
Boycott Gamestop. Bad for gamers, bad for the industry.
PSN: AssaultMonkey150
#5EnclavePosted 10/11/2012 11:10:03 AM(edited)
AssaultMonkey9 posted...
I have KOTOR on PC, but the problem is it has HUGE issues with windows 7, and controller imputs dont work too well

Actually, it has no issues with Windows 7. The issue it has is with multi-core CPUs. If you set it to run using only a single core it'll work perfectly.

Also I'd suggest applying a widescreen patch to it.

Oh and do not use a controller with it on the PC. The game has better control via mouse/keyboard.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#6icewolf74Posted 10/11/2012 11:14:26 AM
TheTrueNub posted...
Because LucasArts forgot how to make money a long, long time ago.

lol!

I see what you did there. :D
---
My current top 3 PS3 Games: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Resident Evil 6, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
#7CallmegePosted 10/11/2012 11:23:07 AM
Because they were shockingly buggy pieces of tat that barely ran properly on the systems they were designed for?

Great games but so, so broken.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#8EnclavePosted 10/11/2012 11:24:55 AM
Callmege posted...
Because they were shockingly buggy pieces of tat that barely ran properly on the systems they were designed for?

The first KOTOR wasn't broken at all.

Also, I'd not say that KOTOR 2 was broken, rather that game was unfinished. I still curse Lucas Arts for forcing an early release of it.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#9SpurnerPosted 10/11/2012 12:12:34 PM
Callmege posted...

The only issue I ever had with 1 was wookies cloning on my ship near the end. It only happened once and I never figured out what triggered it. It was my very own Zaalbar army.
#10RafedxPosted 10/11/2012 12:16:39 PM
Callmege posted...

I played through both many times and didn't have any breaking issues, not once was I forced to restart the game, or even revert to an earlier save and TBH that is the only thing that constitutes a broken game in my eyes unless I do something stupid and have to revert but thats my own fault.

I want an HD release with the finished version of KOTOR2 I love that game and still play it. Really liked the story and the ability to turn your allies into Jedi's.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.