This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Silent Hill Homecoming Vs Downpour

#1necro00Posted 10/11/2012 3:44:29 PM
which did u like better? I like Homecoming better not by much though
#2RayconPosted 10/11/2012 3:45:39 PM
Wouldn't this be more appropriate... on a SILENT HILL BOARD!?

Have to go with Downpour though. But to be fair, it's not hard to be better than Homecoming.
---
I've not even finished some that were more enjoyable.
#3necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 3:52:08 PM
Raycon posted...

Have to go with Downpour though. But to be fair, it's not hard to be better than Homecoming.

Nope
#4tack129Posted 10/11/2012 3:52:50 PM
Downpour, hands down.

I wish the patch to fix the technical issues come out so that I can play the game.
---
PSN: tack129
#5CorruptedStatePosted 10/11/2012 3:53:53 PM
Raycon posted...

Same! There is already a topic like this on the DP board I believe but yea Downpour was much better than homecoming. I liked homecoming but downpour just felt "right"! I still feel like Downpour kind of kkindled the fire again in the "survival horror" in me! Made me have those feelings like how I did the first time playing SH1. That I don't know what's going to happen next scared to open the door sort of feeling.

I will say that I did find homecoming a bit scarier and do enjoy its combat controls over downpour!
---
PSN: Blazed_an_Glazed
Its me! http://imgur.com/3lprC.jpg
#6RayconPosted 10/11/2012 3:56:44 PM
necro00 posted...
Raycon posted...

Nope

You asked which we liked better, then respond with "Nope" when someone disagrees with you? That's not childish at all...
---
So much for free speech.
#7necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 3:57:30 PM
Raycon posted...
necro00 posted...
Raycon posted...

Nope

You asked which we liked better, then respond with "Nope" when someone disagrees with you? That's not childish at all...

I was replying to the SH board comment sir
#8ninjakrakenPosted 10/11/2012 3:57:37 PM
I enjoyed Downpour a lot more that Homecoming, however I would add that Downpour is better during the first playthrough. All the scary parts in Downpour are optional and lose their impact upon second viewing. I thought the monster design was pretty weak overall but I thought the environments were great. I like the theme of the water, though they could have used it a lot more. I enjoyed the story and the characters.

Homecoming however I greatly disliked during the first play through. I didn't like the closeness of the camera to the character, the graphics were lifeless. I didn't like that most of the time you were forced to fight every monster you came across, this was very tedious at times. Monster design was ok, but most could easily be killed with the knife. Homecoming was not scary at all and even made me laugh when I encountered the human enemies. They were annoying thugs in suits. I didn't like any of the supporting characters either.
---
PSN: lady_mystic
Mind your blasted manners! Uncivil, uncouth, uncultivated! - Lady Smith
#9RayconPosted 10/11/2012 3:58:54 PM
CorruptedState posted...

I liked homecoming but downpour just felt "right"! I still feel like Downpour kind of kkindled the fire again in the "survival horror" in me! Made me have those feelings like how I did the first time playing SH1. That I don't know what's going to happen next scared to open the door sort of feeling.

As someone on the Downpour boards put it, Homecoming "looks" more like a Silent Hill game, but Downpour "feels" like a Silent Hill game. I think that's a pretty accurate way to describe the two. I'm all about the atmosphere and feel of the Silent Hill games, so it's not too surprising I was more taken with Downpour, I suppose.
---
Probably should have just used the edit button... hrm.
#10RayconPosted 10/11/2012 3:59:59 PM
necro00 posted...
Raycon posted...
necro00 posted...
Raycon posted...

Nope

I was replying to the SH board comment sir

Well, then I somewhat apologize. I still think this belongs on a Silent Hill board, but I jumped the gun and misinterpreted your meaning there. My bad.
---
It happens.