This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I remove patches from the PS3?

#1ermac2Posted 10/12/2012 1:28:17 AM
Hi
how do I remove patches from the console, if I do so, will I lose any saved data and have to reinstall the game each time?
#2Evil_GogetaPosted 10/12/2012 1:30:30 AM
If you delete the install data you will have to re-install it (if the game has a mandatory install) but you wont lose your game saves, it`s separate!
---
PSN: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Currently Playing: (PS3) JJNKNB HD Biohazard 6 (PC) Guild Wars 2 (ARC) Persona 4 Arena
#3riddlebox89Posted 10/12/2012 2:28:36 AM
Evil_Gogeta posted...
If you delete the install data you will have to re-install it (if the game has a mandatory install) but you wont lose your game saves, it`s separate!

This.

Game data, game instals, patches, DLC, etc are stored in the Game Data Utility folder, it's the second one going down, save data is in the Save Data Utility (PS3) folder, which is above the trophy list icon.

You can delete as much game data as you want, your saves will be fine.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#4doraemonllh1989Posted 10/12/2012 2:32:29 AM
some games are different,i think its mod nation if im not mistaken,or little big planet,i forgot
---
my opinion is fact.
if you criticize my grammar,you basically admitted that my reasoning and logic is better than yours
#5its_mattPosted 10/12/2012 2:58:15 AM(edited)
Normally though if you save a game on a patched version of the game and then delete the install with the patch and reinstall un-patched your save game won’t work until you re patch the game