This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 stopped reading some discs, help

#1SalsaSavantPosted 10/12/2012 1:39:24 PM
Just what I said. The PS3 will make struggling sounds for a while, followed by an eject sound (without actually ejecting it.) However, it's success varies from game to game.

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time works 90% of the time.

Skyrim only ever worked once after a number of tries. Same with Arkham Asylum.

Help?
---
This is a sig.
People who agree: 8. People who Disagree:4
#2SalsaSavant(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 2:06:23 PM
Nothing?
Bump
---
This is a sig.
#3ComfortablySadPosted 10/12/2012 2:12:08 PM
Sounds like the drive is dying. Not much you can do other than deal with it until it stops loading games completely or get it fixed.
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
New site -- http://astutegamers.forumotion.com/portal
#4jjgatorPosted 10/12/2012 2:15:56 PM
Are Skyrim and AA dual layer Blu Rays?
---
PSN: jjgator
#5SalsaSavant(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 2:23:14 PM
jjgator posted...
Are Skyrim and AA dual layer Blu Rays?

Given how big they are, I'd say that they are.
Huh, might test some of my non DL, see how that works out. And if it's just the drive going bad then... well, damn.
---
This is a sig.
#6RyuuHou25Posted 10/12/2012 2:24:34 PM
Your laser is dying, it will work on games still, but certain ones it will just be a pain in the butt on and refuse to work most, if not all, of the time. Especially if there's even tiny specks of microscopic anything on the disc side, or faint finger prints, anything really.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#7aya469Posted 10/12/2012 2:27:52 PM
hey this started happening to my ps3 last night too, it happened on the ratatouile and bugs life blu rays and also on my DCUO & amazing spiderman games. Gamestop is offering 2x trade value for systems right now, I might take my ps3 in to take advantage of it
---
Seriously, who farted?
#8RyuuHou25Posted 10/12/2012 2:36:13 PM
aya469 posted...
hey this started happening to my ps3 last night too, it happened on the ratatouile and bugs life blu rays and also on my DCUO & amazing spiderman games. Gamestop is offering 2x trade value for systems right now, I might take my ps3 in to take advantage of it

Cross your fingers you get clerks who take it just on the fact it powers up and don't try and play an actual game
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#9namethatno1usesPosted 10/12/2012 3:53:42 PM
This is the exact thing that happened to me as well. Then it got the YLoD a day after. It happened 2 weeks ago.

Damn, maybe that 4.25 update really DID screw up something.
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane