This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ever by a game you know you'll probably never play, just to support the devs?

#31AskeladdPosted 10/13/2012 2:25:59 AM
Xcom isn't an RTS.
---
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
#32AskeladdPosted 10/13/2012 2:28:11 AM
DemiFist posted...
656stooge posted...
DemiFist posted...
Nope, because your purchase does not help the developer. It helps the retailer you bought it from whom already purchased the game.

Who then go on to order more copies if the game sells well.

The retailer refills their stock if the said game sells well.

...You just repeated exactly what he just wrote and dismissed your own argument on top of it.
---
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
#33DSKEmmanuelPosted 10/13/2012 2:28:47 AM
656stooge posted...
DSKEmmanuel posted...
no, but i'll do you one better.

I bought 2 copies of 3d dot game heroes for myself just to give it an extra sale. there were only 2 preorders at my store, both of which were mine...

I'll raise your 2 copies of 3d Dot Game Heroes (A game I aslo bought to support the devs but have yet to play more than an hour of) by 5 limited edition copies of Dark Souls.

I kept 2 and gave the rest to friends.

good man.
---
PSN-DSKEmilio and GamerTag-DSKEmmanuel
my LBP2 levels~ http://lbp.me/u/DSKEmilio/levels
#34pewpewpewpewpewPosted 10/13/2012 2:31:59 AM
i only help out great developers that make games i'll play. for example. every year i buy 8 copies of the new call of duty and gift 6 of them to friends and keep the other two for myself. i just love knowing i'm supporting great developers.
---
best games this gen:
CoD2, CoD3, CoD: WaW, CoD: MW, CoD: MW2, CoD: MW3: CoD: BLops, Battlefield 3, Halo 3 & Reach, Killzone 2 & 3
#35DemiFistPosted 10/13/2012 5:27:39 AM
Askeladd posted...
DemiFist posted...
656stooge posted...
DemiFist posted...
Nope, because your purchase does not help the developer. It helps the retailer you bought it from whom already purchased the game.

...You just repeated exactly what he just wrote and dismissed your own argument on top of it.

Think you need better reading comprehension
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#36mogar002Posted 10/13/2012 5:28:23 AM
TheGreatKakashi posted...
"Ever by a game you know you'll probably never play, just to support the devs?"

No. Dumbest thing I've ever read.

This
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#37SomnusNemorisPosted 10/13/2012 5:31:08 AM
Sorry, Stooge, but I'm with the others. I really don't see the point and it seems a waste of time and money, mate.
#38Hawke0Posted 10/13/2012 5:34:33 AM
656stooge posted...
I do it all the time (I've still not finished Rayman Origins) and right now I'm thinking about buying XCom.
I'm not really into RTS games and I've never played the original, but this gen needs more variety.

XCOM is TBS, not RTS.
Just buy it and give it a try.
---
Conduit 2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Hawke
a zombie, after being killed will turn into a Crimson Head. Crimson Heads turn into Lickers. Lickers turn into Edward18.
#39AskeladdPosted 10/13/2012 10:15:16 AM
DemiFist posted...
Askeladd posted...
DemiFist posted...
656stooge posted...
DemiFist posted...

Think you need better reading comprehension

What is the difference between refilling their stock and ordering more copies? Those are both different ways of saying replenishing their inventory of a product. Ergo, you just repeated his argument. Ergo, you proved your own to be wrong.
---
#40656stooge(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 2:39:09 PM
SomnusNemoris posted...
Sorry, Stooge, but I'm with the others. I really don't see the point and it seems a waste of time and money, mate.

Lol. Why sorry? I disagree with you all the time and never apologise. No hard feelings.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdE_VnA4_3I&feature=related
http://i.imgur.com/ueSFG.gif