This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody else pissed that we have been robbed of turn based JRPGs on Playstation?

#21RPG maniac87Posted 10/12/2012 11:35:29 PM
It's cool to reject everything and then complain when there's nothing left.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#22BaseChouGokuPosted 10/12/2012 11:35:59 PM
Thank Microsoft (for trying to steal the market in 2006 before the PS3 came out)
HD gaming (which has made it too expensive for smaller Japanese companies to compete against the big guys), game companies dissolving, oversaturation of FPS, Xenophobia, key creators leaving and lack of new talent, Westernization, and popularity of handhelds...
#23SightoPosted 10/12/2012 11:37:56 PM
AXKSION posted...
Protip: when people mention turn based JRPG, they mean something like Xenogears.

Actually most people mean both when they're talking about JRPGs. I don't blame you though.
It's not something I'd expect a casual gamer like you to know.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#24TheWarHorsePosted 10/12/2012 11:39:17 PM
Why would anybody be pissed about the lack of turn based JRPG's on PS3?? LOL. What is it, 1997 again? Thankfully, JRPG's are pretty much dead on consoles.Turn based ones sucked even when they were relevant.
---
Intel Pentium II 266MHz - 32MB RAM (SIMMs) - 4GB HDD - ATI Rage Pro 3D card w/ 2MB vRAM. - CD-ROM - 56k modem - AOL Dial-Up - Windows ME
#25maximillianiiPosted 10/12/2012 11:40:21 PM
Why doesn't Nintendo make 8-bit games anymore? 8-bit games put Nintendo on the map. The Nintendo brand has stabbed fans of 8-bit games in the back by moving on to things like 3D graphics and optical media instead of cartridges and controllers with 2 buttons.
#26AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 11:40:56 PM
Sighto posted...
AXKSION posted...
Protip: when people mention turn based JRPG, they mean something like Xenogears.

Actually most people mean both when they're talking about JRPGs. I don't blame you though.

No, kid. If it were so, then games like Disgaea, FF Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Valkyria Chronicles, Jeanne D'Arc would not be in the subgenre, SRPG. Subgenre SRPG exists for a reason.

Sighto posted...
It's not something I'd expect a casual gamer like you to know.

I have 3 Demon's Souls platinum trophies, Dark Souls plat, and am currently playing Dishonored on the highest difficulty with no kills and no waypoints.

I do not play casual games, btw. No gimmicks or watered down garbage or garbage shooters or anything like that.
#27AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 11:42:22 PM
TheWarHorse posted...
Why would anybody be pissed about the lack of turn based JRPG's on PS3?? LOL. What is it, 1997 again? Thankfully, JRPG's are pretty much dead on consoles.Turn based ones sucked even when they were relevant.

Lost Odyssey came out in what, 2009? And that is the best JRPG this gen by a long shot, and that is turn based. So, your point is nothing.

maximillianii posted...
Why doesn't Nintendo make 8-bit games anymore? 8-bit games put Nintendo on the map. The Nintendo brand has stabbed fans of 8-bit games in the back by moving on to things like 3D graphics and optical media instead of cartridges and controllers with 2 buttons.

what does this have to do with anything? how is this relevant to the discussion?
#28Chr0noidPosted 10/12/2012 11:44:53 PM
I'm kind of with the TC even though I hate his guts personally.

Hironobu Sakaguchi has this undying hatred for the PlayStation brand and the man who made it what it is, so he's basically jumping the puddle and releasing his games for everything BUT the PS. Meanwhile, Namco is being stupid (and hating money) and refusing to release Tales of Vesperia for the PS3 in America, all because Microsoft gave them bribes to keep it exclusive.

**** this industry.
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O
#29SightoPosted 10/12/2012 11:46:32 PM
Sorry, trophy *****/casual.
Playing a couple difficult games doesn't keep you from being a casual. You have little to no experience.
You've barely played any games.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#30AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 11:47:08 PM
Fo_Fai posted...
I'm kind of with the TC even though I hate his guts personally.

**** this industry.

So sad that I speak up for all of us who love turn based games, and you still despise me for speaking out for you and everyone else who love this subgenre.

Not that speaking out about it has done any good so far, but if you have a better idea, how to reach video game devs directly and make a direct impact, I would love to know how.