This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody else pissed that we have been robbed of turn based JRPGs on Playstation?

#31AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 12:48:12 AM
Sighto posted...
Sorry, trophy *****/casual.
Playing a couple difficult games doesn't keep you from being a casual. You have little to no experience.
You've barely played any games.

I have probably played over 1000 games in my lifetime since Mario Bros on NES, kid.

How am I a casual? What casual games have I played? Sorry but I do not play Clone of Duty or shooters, so it is impossible for me to be a casual gamer.
#32SightoPosted 10/13/2012 12:49:12 AM
Thinking that is a lot is what makes you a casual gamer.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#33majin nemesisPosted 10/13/2012 12:54:19 AM
AXKSION posted...
The PlayStation brand used to be all about turn based JRPGs and JRPGs in general.

not true the Playstation brand used to be about having good games from every Genre
---
With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting
ways to kill a man-Balthier FFXII
#34Chr0noidPosted 10/13/2012 12:54:51 AM
majin nemesis posted...
AXKSION posted...
The PlayStation brand used to be all about turn based JRPGs and JRPGs in general.

not true the Playstation brand used to be about having good games from every Genre

This. Then Microsoft entered the picture and ****ed everything up.
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O
#35AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 12:57:08 AM
majin nemesis posted...
AXKSION posted...

Well, sure, but the games that really shined were the JRPGs.

However, because of the PlayStation's variety, as well as JRPGs, that is why it became such a hit in the first place.

Why is the PlayStation brand now declining, you ask?

Answer: shooter, tons and tons of pewpewers plaguing the vg industry and gradually killing it off. No variety. Sony is not interested in non-shooters.

How ingrateful of Sony to just throw away JRPGs, after mostly JRPGs are what made the PS brand in the first freaking place.
#36gtaking5Posted 10/13/2012 12:58:37 AM
TheWarHorse posted...
Why would anybody be pissed about the lack of turn based JRPG's on PS3?? LOL. What is it, 1997 again? Thankfully, JRPG's are pretty much dead on consoles.Turn based ones sucked even when they were relevant.

Lost Odyssey came out in what, 2009? And that is the best JRPG this gen by a long shot, and that is turn based. So, your point is nothing.

maximillianii posted...
Why doesn't Nintendo make 8-bit games anymore? 8-bit games put Nintendo on the map. The Nintendo brand has stabbed fans of 8-bit games in the back by moving on to things like 3D graphics and optical media instead of cartridges and controllers with 2 buttons.

what does this have to do with anything? how is this relevant to the discussion?

What are you smoking? Lost Odyssey came out in 2007.

Also no one gives a f*** that you managed to waste how many hours of your life plating the same mediocre PoS game 3 times.
---
Hanging out all by myself, at least I'm in good company
#37methosagainPosted 10/13/2012 12:59:53 AM
Fo_Fai posted...
majin nemesis posted...
AXKSION posted...

This. Then Microsoft entered the picture and ****ed everything up.

MS had zero to do with it, anyone who thinks other wise is an damn idiot. Raising development cost, the shifting of Japanese play habits, the lack of familiarity with HD game development in Japan, cultural shifts towards more otaku taste, etc is what has killed TB JRPGs, and not MS. MS if anything did their best to keep them relevant in aggressively going after them from the start.
#38RPG maniac87Posted 10/13/2012 1:01:42 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#39Chr0noidPosted 10/13/2012 1:02:37 AM
AXKSION posted...
majin nemesis posted...
AXKSION posted...

Well, sure, but the games that really shined were the JRPGs.

However, because of the PlayStation's variety, as well as JRPGs, that is why it became such a hit in the first place.

Why is the PlayStation brand now declining, you ask?

Answer: shooter, tons and tons of pewpewers plaguing the vg industry and gradually killing it off. No variety. Sony is not interested in non-shooters.

How ingrateful of Sony to just throw away JRPGs, after mostly JRPGs are what made the PS brand in the first freaking place.

Uhh....you're looking at it from the wrong angle dude. Sony isn't to blame. It's called having a lack of THIRD PARTY SUPPORT. Like I said before the guy behind the Final Fantasy series HATES the guy who invented PlayStation. Like personally. So that's why Lost Odyssey is on the 360 and The Last Story is on the Wii.

Resonance of Fate was garbage.

Enchanted Arms was too in a way (even though I enjoyed it for what it was)

Sony doesn't go around dictating what is allowed on its console in the way you seem to think they do. Blame the developers and publishers, not Sony.
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O
#40AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 1:05:05 AM
gtaking5 posted...
What are you smoking? Lost Odyssey came out in 2007.

Lrn2readz

"Lost Odyssey came out in what, 2009?", which is asking a question since I do not remember / pay attention to the release year of the millions of games ever made.

gtaking5 posted...
Also no one gives a f*** that you managed to waste how many hours of your life plating the same mediocre PoS game 3 times.

Since you think mediocre unfun Grand Theft Auto IV is good, I think of your opinion as s***.