This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody else pissed that we have been robbed of turn based JRPGs on Playstation?

#41Chr0noidPosted 10/13/2012 1:05:09 AM
methosagain posted...
Fo_Fai posted...
majin nemesis posted...
AXKSION posted...
The PlayStation brand used to be all about turn based JRPGs and JRPGs in general.

not true the Playstation brand used to be about having good games from every Genre

This. Then Microsoft entered the picture and ****ed everything up.

MS had zero to do with it, anyone who thinks other wise is an damn idiot. Raising development cost, the shifting of Japanese play habits, the lack of familiarity with HD game development in Japan, cultural shifts towards more otaku taste, etc is what has killed TB JRPGs, and not MS. MS if anything did their best to keep them relevant in aggressively going after them from the start.

I'm not talking about JRPGs specifically, ( and I'll thank you to refrain from insulting me in the future). I'm talking about the variety of different genres thing. You are definitely right about what you said though. Very well thought out. But Microsoft entering the gaming arena has got to be the worst thing to happen to the industry in genral since FOREVER.
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O
#42UniversquallPosted 10/13/2012 1:08:16 AM
methosagain posted...
MS had zero to do with it

lol
---
After the Fallout
#43velvet_hammerPosted 10/13/2012 1:10:38 AM
GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

run for the hills
---
I must be Charlie Sheen reincarnate, because all I do is keep on winning
#44methosagainPosted 10/13/2012 1:10:47 AM
Fo_Fai posted...
methosagain posted...
Fo_Fai posted...
majin nemesis posted...
AXKSION posted...
The PlayStation brand used to be all about turn based JRPGs and JRPGs in general.

not true the Playstation brand used to be about having good games from every Genre

This. Then Microsoft entered the picture and ****ed everything up.

MS had zero to do with it, anyone who thinks other wise is an damn idiot. Raising development cost, the shifting of Japanese play habits, the lack of familiarity with HD game development in Japan, cultural shifts towards more otaku taste, etc is what has killed TB JRPGs, and not MS. MS if anything did their best to keep them relevant in aggressively going after them from the start.

I'm not talking about JRPGs specifically, ( and I'll thank you to refrain from insulting me in the future). I'm talking about the variety of different genres thing. You are definitely right about what you said though. Very well thought out. But Microsoft entering the gaming arena has got to be the worst thing to happen to the industry in genral since FOREVER.

I remember when people stated Sony entering it was the worst thing ever to happen to it, and Newsflash, but MS has been in the gaming industry a lot lot longer than Sony, ever heard of a little gaming platform called the MSX?
#45AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 1:11:17 AM
Fo_Fai posted...
But Microsoft entering the gaming arena has got to be the worst thing to happen to the industry in genral since FOREVER.

I completely agree. Well, that and motion control gimmicks.

Wanted to say, if Sony didn't have much of a say, what about Legend of Dragoon, Dark Cloud, etc.?

I gotta say though that people think they stopped making turn based JRPGs because Lost Odyssey did not sell well.

but...

YOU DO NOT STICK JRPGS ON A SHOOTERBOX AND EXPECT THEM TO DO WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE F***ING F*** ARE YOU EVEN THINKING!!!!!!!!!????????????

(because they made the mistake of murdering their JRPGs by putting them on a console that weeaboo-phobic people play, that is the reason why we cannot get great JRPGs anymore on PlayStation brand. )
#46killakPosted 10/13/2012 1:13:58 AM
Did anyone else's heart skip a beat to see Greer whine about something new for once.....
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5hn7l0ZTCs&list=UUK-eINj918hYU6g-v1ZDcew&index=6&feature=plcp
#47Chr0noidPosted 10/13/2012 1:17:37 AM
I remember when people stated Sony entering it was the worst thing ever to happen to it, and Newsflash, but MS has been in the gaming industry a lot lot longer than Sony, ever heard of a little gaming platform called the MSX?

I don't care what people said. I care about actions. And from Microsoft's actions I can safely say to you right now that they have turned gaming into a cesspit.
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O
#48killakPosted 10/13/2012 1:20:06 AM
I don't care what people said. I care about actions. And from Microsoft's actions I can safely say to you right now that they have turned gaming into a cesspit.

I don't see how the choice that people make (not to whine), is MS's fault.
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil
#49methosagainPosted 10/13/2012 1:20:14 AM
AXKSION posted...
Fo_Fai posted...
But Microsoft entering the gaming arena has got to be the worst thing to happen to the industry in genral since FOREVER.

I completely agree. Well, that and motion control gimmicks.

Wanted to say, if Sony didn't have much of a say, what about Legend of Dragoon, Dark Cloud, etc.?

I gotta say though that people think they stopped making turn based JRPGs because Lost Odyssey did not sell well.

but...

YOU DO NOT STICK JRPGS ON A SHOOTERBOX AND EXPECT THEM TO DO WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE F***ING F*** ARE YOU EVEN THINKING!!!!!!!!!????????????

(because they made the mistake of murdering their JRPGs by putting them on a console that weeaboo-phobic people play, that is the reason why we cannot get great JRPGs anymore on PlayStation brand. )

Both LO and TOV did better in sells on the Xbox than most JRPGS on the PS3 to include Valkyrie Chronicles, Demon Souls, etc, so that isn't really a true statement. The reason we don't see good JRPGS anymore is because no one buys them period, on both sides of the pond. The Japanese have move on past traditional JRPGS and are more into games like Monster Hunter, and the few JRPGs they do play are on the 3DS. So the Japanese developers see little reason to create a game that will not sell in its native land, honestly at this point, there are probably more traditional JRPG fans in the West than there are in Japan, but not enough of us to make a game a success
#50AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 1:23:29 AM
Now, what I do not understand is when people say stuff like "JRPGS DEY KNOW CHANGE AT OLL, DEY ALL DE SAME!".

If JRPGs were the same, why are there no turn based JRPGs this gen (that are good anyway), aside from Lost Odyssey?

JRPGs are nothing like what they used to be, and also I cannot find any turn based ones anymore. Why the f-ing hell is that?

I WANT SOME F-ING GOD DAMNED TURN BASED JRPGS ON PS3, AND SPECTACULAR ONES TOO, LIKE THEY USED TO BE BACK ON PS1 AND PS2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIMME, NAO!