This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody else pissed that we have been robbed of turn based JRPGs on Playstation?

#421majin nemesisPosted 10/21/2012 4:24:58 AM
AXKSION posted...
majin nemesis posted...
AXKSION posted...
killak posted...
Not from what I read on this website. Not what I hear from my brother or my friends. All prefer turn based.

You + your brother + 2 online friends

4 people, it's clearly a play style in demand

No. My in real life friends. Not online friends. Well, friends I know in real life but that are also on my facebook.

The friends that are girls I know in real life, at least 4 of them on my facebook love Zelda and Final Fantasy, not sure about modern Final Fantasy tho.

????

I dunno. I just kinda threw that in there, since it seems that girls like Zelda and Final Fantasy. The two series just kinda go together. And I just looked and 4 of my friends liked Zelda on Facebook.

3 like FF7

2 like FF13 (unfortunately)

i think that is it for my FB friends that like FF and Zelda. Not sure about other games people on my friends list like.

you completely missed what I meant, what i meant was that you said that all your friends like turn based to prove that people prefer turn based games over other style but then you say the your friends love Zelda which is not a turn based game or even an RPG
---
With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting
ways to kill a man-Balthier FFXII
#422AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2012 4:27:12 AM
majin nemesis posted...
you completely missed what I meant, what i meant was that you said that all your friends like turn based to prove that people prefer turn based games over other style but then you say the your friends love Zelda which is not a turn based game or even an RPG

that was just a side note, which had nothing to do with RPGs or anything.

just disregard it. forget it. sorry.
---
The song is called "Baba O' Riley", NOT "Teenage Wasteland".
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#423RollingCradlePosted 10/21/2012 4:31:16 AM
Fruity JRPGs appeal to girls because as we all know, girls love drama.

So the lame sappy melodramatic FF crud is of course something they are gonna dig, just like emasculated pathetic males, obviously.
#424KaliestoPosted 10/21/2012 2:09:14 PM
This topic is still going?
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#425AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2012 3:07:17 PM
Kaliesto posted...

Going strong. All day long.

So, anybody have a list of turn based JRPGs for PS3? I bet it is either super short, or full of horrible loli games.
---
#426majin nemesisPosted 10/21/2012 4:02:54 PM(edited)
Kaliesto posted...

this topic seems to have some kind of auto-revive power because just when you think it's dead it comes back and sometimes stronger then before XD
---
With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting
ways to kill a man-Balthier FFXII
#427AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2012 4:19:12 PM
majin nemesis posted...
Kaliesto posted...

this topic seems to have some kind of auto-revive power because just when you think it's dead it comes back and sometimes stronger then before XD

this topic has '500' written all over it
---
#428agrissaPosted 10/21/2012 4:21:13 PM
AXKSION posted...

So, anybody have a list of turn based JRPGs for PS3? I bet it is either super short, or full of horrible loli games.

What about Valkyria Chronicles? Fairly long, great replay value, not a loli game, and is very fun and innovative.
---
I had faith in humanity until I discovered Internet Message Boards.
#429AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2012 4:25:08 PM
agrissa posted...
AXKSION posted...

What about Valkyria Chronicles? Fairly long, great replay value, not a loli game, and is very fun and innovative.

That is an SRPG though. It has turns, but isn't a classic turn based ATB game like Xenogears, or one of the older classic Final Fantasies.

If I meant SRPG I would have posted about SRPGs, but nobody refers to SRPGs as turn based JRPGs.
---
#430VeryDarkSoulPosted 10/21/2012 4:26:36 PM
why does every system lack this. JRPGS are dying. I still play my PS2 for rpgs, because this generation has SUCKED. It's all about cookie cutter God of War/Prince of Persia clones and Call of Duty games. I got this game for xbox called Record of Agarest War Zero. Thought "Cool, a tactics rpg." IT'S CRAP! It's still playable but nothing as one would expect from a jrpg.
---
Ron Paul 2012