This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody else pissed that we have been robbed of turn based JRPGs on Playstation?

#51methosagainPosted 10/13/2012 12:24:26 AM
Fo_Fai posted...
I remember when people stated Sony entering it was the worst thing ever to happen to it, and Newsflash, but MS has been in the gaming industry a lot lot longer than Sony, ever heard of a little gaming platform called the MSX?

I don't care what people said. I care about actions. And from Microsoft's actions I can safely say to you right now that they have turned gaming into a cesspit.

Name these actions
#52AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 12:27:41 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#53CallmegePosted 10/13/2012 12:48:59 AM
Turn based games are for noobs who have to think every action through because they can't handle realtime.

Also, jrpgs didn't sell the Playstation brand. That would be GT and GTA.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#54AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 12:50:28 AM
Callmege posted...
Turn based games are for noobs who have to think every action through because they can't handle realtime.

I can handle real time just fine. I just do not like it since real time action RPGs have subpar boring unfun hacky slashy combat. For example, Kingdom Hearts hacky slashy combat sucks so hard. Plus Crisis Core is a severely horrible game.
#55TehAssasinPosted 10/13/2012 12:55:13 AM
Calm down TC. Trust me you are never alone in such scenario. There will always be the traditional turn based jrpg fans out there with their love for those early final fantasy, legend of dragoon, xenogears, chrono cross, persona and suikoden etc. We will see how ni no kuni plays after it is released in the west.
#56BaseChouGokuPosted 10/13/2012 12:57:41 AM
The problem with Ni No Kuni is no matter how good it potentially is, people won't give it a chance because of how it looks, deeming it silly and juvenile looking (but ironically will probably give South Park RPG a chance)
#57iTossSaladsPosted 10/13/2012 12:58:10 AM
AXKSION posted...
Callmege posted...

I can handle real time just fine. I just do not like it since real time action RPGs have subpar boring unfun hacky slashy combat. For example, Kingdom Hearts hacky slashy combat sucks so hard. Plus Crisis Core is a severely horrible game.

exactly why Demon's and Dark Souls are do dumb. even though kids hate to admit it they are little more than hack n slash n roll n magix games even with the RPG elements. i know that will upset the hardcore n00bs though that think they're good games even though we all know better. those mediocre games are so overrated here.
#58hambaconeggPosted 10/13/2012 12:58:15 AM
Learn Japanese.
#59ShadowkhNinjaPosted 10/13/2012 12:59:05 AM
Which console this gen go the best RPGs this gen anyway?

ps3
wii

^which?
---
"The more things change, the more they stay the same."
-Snake Plissken-
#60DemiFistPosted 10/13/2012 1:04:23 AM
Simple. Developers no longer waste the time and resources making turn based JRPG for the current 'next gen' consoles because they are too expensive and there is not enough profit. There is not enough demand for them to justify the developement costs. Many devlopers have already discussed this, it is the reason why all the turn based JRPG are on handhelds now.
I think if the only genre you like is Turn based JRPG then you need to swithc your choice of gaming hardware, because the Turn based JRPG days are long over for home consoles and the future of them is pretty much nonexistent because the Next batch of consoles will be even more of an investment for deevelopers and the majority will only make what they see as surefire hits.
Like it or not but you are in a gaming minority and the industry does not cater to the minorities when profit is involved.
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"