This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody else pissed that we have been robbed of turn based JRPGs on Playstation?

#61AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 2:12:10 AM
iTossSalads posted...
exactly why Demon's and Dark Souls are do dumb. even though kids hate to admit it they are little more than hack n slash n roll n magix games even with the RPG elements. i know that will upset the hardcore n00bs though that think they're good games even though we all know better. those mediocre games are so overrated here.

D Souls are not dumb. Actually, dumb gamers would never be able to finish these games.

D Souls also are not hacky slashy. That is the equivalent to stating that Clone of Duty are puzzle games.

Both D Souls games are the two best games this gen and no games are like them. Sorry, you troll.
#62iTossSaladsPosted 10/13/2012 2:17:37 AM
AXKSION posted...
iTossSalads posted...
exactly why Demon's and Dark Souls are do dumb. even though kids hate to admit it they are little more than hack n slash n roll n magix games even with the RPG elements. i know that will upset the hardcore n00bs though that think they're good games even though we all know better. those mediocre games are so overrated here.

D Souls are not dumb. Actually, dumb gamers would never be able to finish these games.

D Souls also are not hacky slashy. That is the equivalent to stating that Clone of Duty are puzzle games.

Both D Souls games are the two best games this gen and no games are like them. Sorry, you troll.

oh my god, you like those games? lol. so you like turn based and hacky slashy dodgy magix games? why such bad taste?

i'm sure dumb people could get through them. they're really not that complicated if you're a long time gamer. the hardest part it fighting through the boredom.
#63AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 2:18:51 AM
iTossSalads posted...
AXKSION posted...
iTossSalads posted...

oh my god, you like those games? lol. so you like turn based and hacky slashy dodgy magix games? why such bad taste?

i'm sure dumb people could get through them. they're really not that complicated if you're a long time gamer. the hardest part it fighting through the boredom.

byebye, troll.

never again will i talk to you.

good riddance
#64BaseChouGokuPosted 10/13/2012 2:25:15 AM
DemiFist posted...
Simple. Developers no longer waste the time and resources making turn based JRPG for the current 'next gen' consoles because they are too expensive and there is not enough profit. There is not enough demand for them to justify the developement costs. Many devlopers have already discussed this, it is the reason why all the turn based JRPG are on handhelds now.
I think if the only genre you like is Turn based JRPG then you need to swithc your choice of gaming hardware, because the Turn based JRPG days are long over for home consoles and the future of them is pretty much nonexistent because the Next batch of consoles will be even more of an investment for deevelopers and the majority will only make what they see as surefire hits.
Like it or not but you are in a gaming minority and the industry does not cater to the minorities when profit is involved.

We paid the price for HD and "uber graphics". Be careful what you wish for as they say.
#65AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 2:27:12 AM
DemiFist posted...
Like it or not but you are in a gaming minority and the industry does not cater to the minorities when profit is involved.

TURN BASED JRPG FANS ARE NOT A MINORITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell, I know tons of people IRL that love turn based JRPGs. What are you talking about? You may as well call Chinese people a minority.
#66DemiFistPosted 10/13/2012 2:31:20 AM
AXKSION posted...
DemiFist posted...

TURN BASED JRPG FANS ARE NOT A MINORITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell, I know tons of people IRL that love turn based JRPGs. What are you talking about? You may as well call Chinese people a minority.

If turn based JRPG fans were not the minority we would not see CoD every year.
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#67BaseChouGokuPosted 10/13/2012 2:49:16 AM(edited)
In order for JRPG's to make a comback on consoles, a few key things would have occur hat are practically impossible to happen :

1.3DS would have to die (there was a sliver of hope when it came off to a slow crawl and desperation factor kicked in to the point of them doing an early price slash)

2.Vita would have to stay in it's coma state while PSP dies off

3.Wii U would have to crumble due to trying to cater to both sides of gamers

4.Non gamers would have to grow tired of social GREE, mobile iOS games thus halting video game companies time investment into them so they can free up that time to go back to making console game again

5.Western gaming market would have to reach critical mass in regards to oversaturation of high budget casualized shooters and action games where the public has gotten full of them and thus jaded (then ensuing a small crash) and resulting in them not making ends meet financially, which then results in the public having a renewed open minded interest in other styles of games despite the region they come from

6.Next gen systems (PS4) would have to be easier to program for and less costly to do so.

7.A resurgence of simplicity and art style preference over high budget realism (which links back to part 5). This art style would also embrace other influences besides chibi loli moe Anime influence that is too common these days that would spike the interest of global gamers.

8. A new surge of talented up and coming Japanese talent in the video game creation workforce to replace the older ones that are trying to Westernize things or play it safe on handhelds with no sense of ambition

9.Wada to step down from Square-Enix. Possibly fire Toriyama too. This would result in a new revitalized S-E with new found vigor and direction would inspire smaller Japanese companies to follow suite as they did in the 90's and then would lead the charge into regaining respect of gamers for the JRPG genre on consoles.

10.Economy to get better
#68Hawker44Posted 10/13/2012 3:17:28 AM
The problem is two fold;

many companies now think only shooter sell

companies like Squaresoft keep trying to reinvent the wheel so to speak, when all they have to do is tweek it a little.

There still are some great turn based RPGs being made, but they are being released on handhelds.

Personally I prefer an ok RPG to a good shooter.
#69AlltraPosted 10/13/2012 3:35:28 AM
I don't feel robbed, because I honestly don't think there have been that many good RPGs in general this generation to be robbed of. I mean, there's plenty of turn based RPGs on the PS3, in many different styles, except for the one style that I really enjoy.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#70true_gamer80Posted 10/13/2012 3:37:02 AM
Your whining has become generic Greer....
---
Mastamind - Devil's Symphony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXw0v2OfdCg&feature=related