This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody else pissed that we have been robbed of turn based JRPGs on Playstation?

#71pewpewpewpewpewPosted 10/13/2012 2:38:34 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#72AlltraPosted 10/13/2012 2:44:50 AM
I would have thought the opposite, because they must have a constant raging boner from playing them all the time.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#73AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 2:48:42 AM
pewpewpewpewpew posted...
only people with little wieners like turn based jrpgs lololololol

Yes, I have lots of little wieners. Not sure what that has to do with RPGs though.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FZisWhwAmN0/T9Kxg7WvT-I/AAAAAAAA6h4/4xz4uMUtW5A/s1600/Vienna_sausage_tasty.jpg

I <3 your username, btw. I might have to create a variant in the future!
#74Stider0Posted 10/13/2012 3:13:00 AM
It's not so much a lack of turn based jrpg's, as it is a lack of quality titles. Turn based titles that I own atm on PS3: Ar Tonelico Al Qoga, the 3 Atelier games, Hyperdimension Neptunia 1 & 2, Eternal Sonata, Resonance of Fate, Mugen Souls, Enchanted Arms, Agarest zero and Trinity Universe.

Now I enjoyed most of those games, but I can say that none of them are as popular or have the same polish as Final Fantasy or the Tales series. If we are to get a AAA turn based title on PS3, the only possibility I can think of atm would be if Persona 5 is released.

One of the reasons behind this is that I believe that Japanese developers feel that most of the western market don't desire no longer desire turn based games and want more action-oriented combat systems. Another is increasing development costs. You still see plenty of games being made for the handheld market where costs would be less than for consoles.

The only solution for this that I can see is for another "FFVII" to come along and bring generate enough popularity and sales to show developers that there is a large market desiring this style of game.
#75AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 3:16:15 AM
Stider0 posted...
It's not so much a lack of turn based jrpg's, as it is a lack of quality titles.

Yes, I know. I have been saying this for a long time as well.

Stider0 posted...
One of the reasons behind this is that I believe that Japanese developers feel that most of the western market don't desire no longer desire turn based games and want more action-oriented combat systems.

But why do they believe that? They have not given us any turn based games that are good to base that decision off of. Turn based games are not available to buy for PS3, so where do they get their numbers from to base their decisions on?
#76RollingCradlePosted 10/13/2012 3:20:53 AM
Because they were made primarily due to console limitations
#77AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 3:22:41 AM
RollingCradle posted...
Because they were made primarily due to console limitations

So, the reason why FPS are being made now is because of console limitations?

If so then I am very disappointed in technology, that everything is so lowtech that all we get these days is garbage generic pewpewpewpewpew games that are so unfun and boring as f*** and all the same, and so linear and set piecey and scripted and bleh.
#78SS_GokouPosted 10/13/2012 3:25:51 AM
Because the recent gaming generation thinks turn based rpg's too old-fashioned/old style? And yeah they like mindless shooters.
---
NO to Republic Act 10175 also known as the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012.
http://www.change.org/petitions/junk-the-cybercrime-prevention-law
#79DreamGoddess1Posted 10/13/2012 3:28:21 AM
maximillianii posted...
Why doesn't Nintendo make 8-bit games anymore? 8-bit games put Nintendo on the map. The Nintendo brand has stabbed fans of 8-bit games in the back by moving on to things like 3D graphics and optical media instead of cartridges and controllers with 2 buttons.

Actually you hit the problem right on the head!

Imagine for a moment if companies still did everything in 8-bit graphics (or even 16-bit) with the media containers we have today. Imagine how versatile and awesome those games would be. Imagine how much content you could get for a small percentage of the cost of making games with the insane graphics we have today.

I'd trade today's graphics for more content any day of the week.
---
Spread the joy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4
#80retep_onePosted 10/13/2012 3:28:54 AM
games have highly evolved ever since. and this generation might actually get bored with turn based jrpgs considering the type of games that are coming out now.