The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm actually regretting buying Dishonored over XCOM. Go figure.

#1Chr0noidPosted 10/13/2012 12:50:39 AM
Dishonored's nice but the game's first person view just....kills it for me personally. I never liked the West's infatuation with the first person view in the first place and I always preferred third person for some reason. It sounds like XCOM is the better game overall (from what I've heard anyway). More bang for the buck. I feel like I'm going to beat this game once and be done with it forever.
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O
#2howdyneighbor25Posted 10/13/2012 12:51:38 AM
Fo_Fai posted...
Dishonored's nice but the game's first person view just....kills it for me personally. I never liked the West's .

stopped reading there
---
Pay Day. Let's roll!
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#3Chr0noid(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 12:52:25 AM
Oh give me a break, if it wasn't made by GLORIOUS NIPPON I consider it West.
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O
#4killakPosted 10/13/2012 12:53:14 AM
I would too

Buy both, or Xcom only
---
Don't you hate when you're lying next to the one you love, and they don't know that you love them or that you're in their house again....
#5TheRatedR_ViperPosted 10/13/2012 1:00:07 AM
I can't help but feel Dishonored is hindered by First Person vision too
---
Life... dreams... hope... Where'd they come from? And where are they headed...? These things... I'm going to DESTROY!- Kefka
#6JahkeemyorkPosted 10/13/2012 1:10:51 AM
Really? I feel like DIshonored thrives on the fact it's a first person view, it makes sneaking feel more like well....sneaking. I just don't like how you can't go prone in a game that's emphasized on stealth.

And as much as a "free gameplay style" it keeps talking about you pretty much have to take the stealth route one way or the other. Go around blasting everyone and you'll be dead in seconds
#7TowerBooks3192Posted 10/13/2012 1:12:54 AM
Unless you are expecting a remake akin to the original xcom then you wont be disappointed how the new xcom turned out.

Compared to the original it could be considered as really really dumbed down but the game deserves to be praised by its own merits.
---
"Once you go Marcus Munitions, you never go back us munitions"
#8FiendingHardPosted 10/13/2012 1:22:27 AM
Both are amazingly well done games and some of the best experiences all year but you have to give Dishonored some respect. Its not afraid to pull any punches, the atmosphere is full of dread and desperation (which XCOM also has), and it touches on a lot of themes which parallel our world. Dishonored is one of those games that will be discussed years later for its boldness and daring to touch upon themes no other game would ever want to be near (animal abuse and child rape to mention some of the most extreme ones).

XCOM is my favorite game of the year so far but Dishonored really respects its audience as mature intelligent people.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: XCOM, Dishonored, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Final Fantasy 6
#9AXKSIONPosted 10/13/2012 1:25:48 AM
FiendingHard posted...
Dishonored really respects its audience as mature intelligent people.

Such a lovely refreshing change of pace from a casual new gamer hand holdey watered down gen. So difficult to find real games like Dishonored these days, and it is not full of 'pewpewpewpewpewpew' either!

Dishonored respects our intelligence as 90% of the games this gen do not, especially the lackluster generic pewpewpewpewpewers and casualware party games, etc..
#10methosagainPosted 10/13/2012 1:27:55 AM
AXKSION posted...
FiendingHard posted...
Dishonored really respects its audience as mature intelligent people.

Such a lovely refreshing change of pace from a casual new gamer hand holdey watered down gen. So difficult to find real games like Dishonored these days, and it is not full of 'pewpewpewpewpewpew' either!

Dishonored respects our intelligence as 90% of the games this gen do not, especially the lackluster generic pewpewpewpewpewers and casualware party games, etc..

Have you played Risen 2? There is a WRPG that doesn't hold your hand, and doesn't insult your intelligence, I dare say it is even better than Skyrim on a strictly gameplay level.