This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you decide what platform to buy a mutliplat game on?

#1HappyBullPosted 10/14/2012 9:22:49 AM
Is it exclusive content? Graphics? Controller? Friends? For me it always comes down to content, so for example I was debating on getting Asscreed 3 on the Ps3 or Wii U but once I realized the ps3 version is getting exclusive content on disc over every other version, that was the deciding factor. Also was the case with Batman:AA playable Joker content. (Well at least on consoles lol) :D

What about you?
#2jammiesPosted 10/14/2012 9:29:13 AM
Controller is my main deciding factor. It's the reason most of my multi-plats are on PS3. That and the ease of jumping between games and Netflix.
I bought RDR on 360 because of how much better the version is said to be even by people that have the PS3 version.
I've bought a few multi-plats on 360 because the used copy was so much cheaper than the PS3 version I'd spend double or more going PS3.
Some for Steam, well... Steam sales, duh.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#3kyncaniPosted 10/14/2012 9:30:41 AM
Whether the platform is convenient to play or not. Vita first, ps3 second and pc last.
#4JohnHitman47Posted 10/14/2012 9:50:45 AM
Easy decision for me, FRIENDS.
---
I Love FPS but only good FPS & Horror this its my sig!!!
#5servb0tsPosted 10/14/2012 10:01:57 AM
Controller has always been a deciding factor to me.
---
PSN Qornut. Proud to be a gamer on Nintendo & Sony systems. August 18th 2011 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3.
--Very Excited about Final Fantasy XIV coming to PS3.
#6OzzieArcanePosted 10/14/2012 10:03:36 AM
If I have friends who will play it with me, X-Box. If it's a single player game, friends aren't interested, or I just don't care about the multiplayer then PS3. Everynow and then I'll by a game I wasn't really sure about because it was just that darn cheap on Steam.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#7A_Nonny_MoosePosted 10/14/2012 10:04:37 AM
It's easy. Unless it's Assassin's Creed, I buy the PS3 version.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#8riddlebox89Posted 10/14/2012 10:12:10 AM
Which system I like better.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#9Bebop242Posted 10/14/2012 10:17:14 AM
Bethesda? 360 until I buy a high end PC.

Online? PS3 don't like to rent out portions of my purchased games. I have Live now but don't plan to renew it in January.

Old used single player games? 360 because they are generally half the price as the PS3 version.

Brand new single player releases? Depends on features and performance.
#10spooiePosted 10/14/2012 10:33:50 AM
Performance, Online, Controller, Exclusives, Price... etc...

I factor everything into it.

Like, say, I got CoD4 for 360 because I tend to feel they have a better online "community" with Xbox Live and more of my friends are on Xbox Live. Yet, when I got Street Fighter 4, I chose the PS3 version, because the D-Pad on 360 controllers are possibly the worst things ever.

Say, for Resident Evil 4, Killer 7, Alien Hominid, Viewtiful Joe... etc... I picked up the Gamecube version over the PS2 versions, because the gamecube is a more powerful system and I don't need to worry about wearing out the system or frame rates chugging or whatever that might accompany the PS2. Yet, the c-stick was awful on the Gamecube, and PS2 game prices were generally lower, or online, and often they had special features that would lead me to get the game on THAT system.

Then you get to stuff like MegaMan Anniversary Collection, which was unplayable on the Gamecube due to swapped jump/shoot buttons, and sluggish on the PS2... so I ended up re-buying it or the Xbox, which was not only more powerful and had better special features, but had custom controls.

Also, if I start buying a "series" on one console, I tend to like continuing the series on the same console.
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!