This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to remove super glue from my lcd monitor I use for my ps3 ?

#1sharjahPosted 10/19/2012 10:49:16 AM
Hi all , I accidentally dropped a few spots of super glue on my ps3 monitor , I have tried aceton and rubbing alcohol and other cleaning products and even WD-40 , but nothing happened and all of the mentioned are useless , any one has good solution for that ? These spots don't affect anything about the display but they are annoying. Any help plz.
---
The Darkest Soul
PSN: http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/BUYM
#2tmtyfPosted 10/19/2012 10:57:21 AM
only thing i can think of is something like googone or adhesive remover, put some one and let it sit a bit and try to take it off. Works good at removing glue but i never used it on the actual lcd part if thats where u put it.
---
"You are just a puppet... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain..." -Sephiroth
#3SolidLiquid25Posted 10/19/2012 10:58:33 AM
Try Goo Gone or Goof off on a soft cloth don't put pressure on it, if have neither try gasoline.
---
"Dammit Jim, That's not what you promised!!"
Baker Armstech
#4AlltraPosted 10/19/2012 11:08:39 AM(edited)
Acetone can actually damage the screen, so try to avoid using it if you can.

A high percentage concentration of Isopropyl Alcohol might work to soften up the glue enough to scrape it off with your fingernail, but you'll need to leave it on the spot for awhile. I suggest using a Q-Tip soaked in 90% Isopropyl Alcohol to avoid exposing the TV screen itself to the alcohol as much as possible. Let it sit there for a minute or two, and then attempt to scrape it off while it's still soft.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#5sharjah(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2012 11:08:44 AM
Aceton didnt do anything , and the lcd is fine cuz it is protected , but i,ll check the gasoline
---
The Darkest Soul
#6TrickyPonyPosted 10/19/2012 11:31:29 AM
Dang I work in a lab and use all sorts of high powered solvents. Not that that helps you any but I'm really surprised acetone didn't jack up your lcd screen, that stuff cuts through a lot of stuff.

I can't imagine gasoline would work any better. My suggestion is to look at your little vial of super glue that you dripped and call the info line they have printed on it, their tech support will have the best and safest solution.
#7sharjah(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2012 12:18:09 PM
I have contacted the manufacturing company which is called Alteco chemicals , and waiting for a reply.
---
The Darkest Soul
#8KarucuPosted 10/19/2012 12:29:40 PM
Try going to a Radio Shack or hobbystore, and pick up something called Un-Cure. Its a solvent used for removing super glues and other CA adhesives.
---
It's obvious what the problem is. You're ugly, only beautiful people get off of punishment on time-ArchaicBeat