This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think I got the acclaimed blinking red light of death

#1skatecboy45Posted 10/23/2012 3:38:03 AM
My ps3 shut off in the middle of gaming and started flashing the light at me... It's a 60 phat that I got during launch. Do you guys know much about how easy this is to fix, or should I just get a new one?
#2IvanKozlovPosted 10/23/2012 3:46:57 AM
If its just a red flashing light, it just overheated. If it is a quick yellow light then a red flashing light, it's dead.
---
I'll not stop moving forward. I'll not regret a single step I had taken. That's why...I order you...Do not betray me! And do not leave my side! No matter what.
#3MyEvilTwin7Posted 10/23/2012 3:47:39 AM
It was blinking red? Does it still work? I honestly wouldn't keep a phat PS3 these days. I'd sell it before it stops working and buy a Slim/Super Slim if I were you.
---
Do not go here : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/233-star-trek?action=addfav
#4skatecboy45(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2012 3:49:30 AM
Yeah it was just blinking red, when I turned it back on it booted up fine, then went into a "checking of system is corrupted mode," and then died again in the middle of it. If it's overheated maybe I should move it out of my entertainment center.
#5servb0tsPosted 10/23/2012 3:54:47 AM
mine overheated as well last yeay and gave it plenty of air to breath. Phat PS3 are destine for failure 99% of the time.
---
PSN Qornut. Proud to be a gamer on Nintendo & Sony systems. August 18th 2011 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3.
--Very Excited about Final Fantasy XIV coming to PS3.