This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 hacked again?

#51BlinkWinkelPosted 10/24/2012 9:11:02 AM
RollingCradle posted...
Who cares if a dead console is hacked; nobody is who.

PS3 will only be dead when the PS4 will be out, and as far as I know it won't be happening anytime soon.
#52thisranksPosted 10/24/2012 9:50:37 AM
lambchips posted...
great news for all gamers if you ask me.... now we get to play more games

At what cost, though? Eventually this affects developers. This is another reason gamers don't get the bigger picture. Gaming isn't only about you ... there needs to be a give and take in order to survive.

It's crap like this that reminds me why prisons are a necessity in this world. What's just as bad? Having to feel embarrassed because thanks to the people who generalise gamers i immediately get lumped in with these nubs.

I'd like to believe that eventually people smarten up and realize that things like this, regionalizing games, having ridiculous expectations, and thinking you know better than people who actually develop games is just plain ignorant ... but i guess some people just never learn.

Well, there is one silver lining ... thanks to forums like these we get to see what these people are really like.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#53Cyber Akuma ZeroPosted 10/24/2012 10:00:00 AM
thisranks posted...
Eventually this affects developers. This is another reason gamers don't get the bigger picture. Gaming isn't only about you ... there needs to be a give and take in order to survive.

Oh please, don't give me that developers are suffering crap, heard it a million times before. If that was true then the more popular a game or console is the worse it would do, not better.

The problem is these "developers" (and you are actually thinking of the publishers here, not the developers who actually make the game) stomp over all consumer rights in order to do whatever they want. How come nobody cries over the poor consumers who get shafted over and over?

I'd like to believe that eventually people smarten up and realize that things like this, regionalizing games, having ridiculous expectations, and thinking you know better than people who actually develop games is just plain ignorant ... but i guess some people just never learn.

I disagree about the know better part, some developers are just plain idiots, as has been proven time and time again. It doesn't take much to become a game developer, they aren't some kind of master race that are above you.

Well, there is one silver lining ... thanks to forums like these we get to see what these people are really like.

Have you ever heard the quote "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"?
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
#54TalicusPosted 10/24/2012 10:25:30 AM
To those saying that there is no use for a hacked ps3 other than to pirate games that I do not own: Here are my top reasons for wanting a PS3 with CFW:

1) I own DVD's and Blu-Rays from multiple regions. Also, my PS3 is my primary media player in this household. Unfortunately not all DVDs and Blu-Ray's are region free, so I would love to be able to swap the regions for when I want to watch a DVD/Blu-Ray from a different region.

2) Emulation is going to kick ass. I love the idea of being able to emulate all my SNES/Genesis/N64/MAME games on it with a solid framerate and being output directly to the TV.

3) If it can bring back Other OS it might be worthwhile to use it as a mini server every once in a while.

4) The amount of codecs that the PS3 can natively play is abysmal. PS3 media server helps a lot but it's still not perfect and it needs a PC turned on to use it. I'd love to be able to have some more videos on it.

5) I'm not sure if this is related to 4, but the amount of files that it can read from my portable USB stick / hard drive is really low. How about actually letting me read all the movie files that are actually on there?

6) For my DS I often download games just to keep the original game in the original seal. I'd love to do that with PS3 games as well.

7) There are a lot of games that have UNDUB versions (aka English menu's but Japanese audio) for PS3 games that I have no way of playing. I'd love to play Final Fantasy XIII and other RPG's with the original Japanese audio rather than the atrocious dubs.

8) There might be some fansubs of games that are not yet released in the US / Europe? I'm not sure about PS3, but I loved some of em on SNES.

9) Who knows, there might actually be some original content for PS3 homebrew! Hurray!

10) This last one might be close to pirating software, but I own multiple PSN titles that have local multiplayer but that I can't play with my friend online. It'd be pretty cool to play these titles online as well with people that don't want to buy the software again when they've already played the full game at my place.
---
Please excuse me for my poor English.
Thank you.