This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 hack and slash/loot based games

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS3 hack and slash/loot based games

User Info: Spurner

Spurner
4 years ago#1
Another topic made me all nostalgic and I fired up Champions of Norrath. It was good times, tonight.

Are there any PS3 titles in the vein of CoN or Baldur's Gate: DA?

User Info: archizzy

archizzy
4 years ago#2
You can look into Sacred 2. I have heard it is pretty buggy but can't confirm myself. It would be worth looking into though. The game gets a lot of hate on here, but really what game doesn't? I have enjoyed plenty of games this board hates. Again it is worth looking into.
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton

User Info: Guardian_84

Guardian_84
4 years ago#3
Good ones? No. You're better off playing Champions... which is what me and my buddy have been doing as of late.

User Info: Spurner

Spurner
4 years ago#4
Did the style just fall out of favor? It used to be rather dominant.

User Info: inf3rn0_munkee

inf3rn0_munkee
4 years ago#5
I second Sacred 2. It's awesome imo.

There's also Lord of the Rings: War in the North, I haven't completed that game because better games were released after I got it, but it seems similar to CoN.
So I don't have to say this constantly I'm from South Africa, I wait a month or 2 after Europe to get new releases

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
4 years ago#6
Did the style just fall out of favor? It used to be rather dominant.

the only place it has ever been non-niche was on PC where it recently saw a resurgence with the likes of diablo 3, torchlight 2, path of exile etc.

your best bet is to get torchlight for 360 or get a PC since every other game i can think of falls between subpar and mediocre.
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?

User Info: Kage-Maru

Kage-Maru
4 years ago#7
darksiders 2?
You fools who would fight back against Satan! Accompanied by the Devil Army, He has arrived from the deepest part of Hell.
King of Devil, Akuma Shogun.

User Info: x8finity

x8finity
4 years ago#8
You may like Dungeon Siege III, It is pretty cool if you give it a chance and less buggy than Sacred 2.

It is true though that we never got games like Norrath on the PS3. Thoses we're truly awesome. Have fun!
Community, Identity, Stability.
--- A Brave New World ---

User Info: inf3rn0_munkee

inf3rn0_munkee
4 years ago#9
x8finity posted...
You may like Dungeon Siege III, It is pretty cool if you give it a chance and less buggy than Sacred 2.

My only gripe with Dungeon siege III is that it's extremely linear, but so is LotR: War in the North.
So I don't have to say this constantly I'm from South Africa, I wait a month or 2 after Europe to get new releases

User Info: djruden

djruden
4 years ago#10
Get yourself White Knight Chronicles 2. You won't be disappointed.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS3 hack and slash/loot based games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived