This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 hack and slash/loot based games

#21Ephemeral_BeingPosted 10/24/2012 7:57:26 AM
There's nothing worth playing. I tried all of these suggestions, plus Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom.

I still get more fun out of BG: DA2.
---
Coniido, 200 Buccaneer
PeriTheLame, 16X Bishop
#22Spurner(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2012 9:52:04 AM
Well, that's a damn shame. You'd think someone would have carried the ball. I guess I just thought the genre to be more popular than it actually was.

As for some of the titles suggested, I'll take a look. I appreciate the feedback.

Also, on the bright side, I still have CoN, CoN:RtA, BG:DA, and BG:DA2 to satisfy the itch.
#23Lockheart34Posted 10/24/2012 11:33:16 AM
Kingdoms of Amalur?
---
PSN: Kamurotetsu
#24Still__RippinPosted 10/24/2012 12:23:49 PM
archizzy posted...
You can look into Sacred 2. I have heard it is pretty buggy but can't confirm myself. It would be worth looking into though. The game gets a lot of hate on here, but really what game doesn't? I have enjoyed plenty of games this board hates. Again it is worth looking into.

If you haven't played it yourself you definitely should lol. I am a huge Champions fan and Sacred 2 is amazing. Closest game to Champions since Champions. Gigantic open world (only real difference between the games), 6 classes, light and dark campaign, 4 difficulty levels, level cap of 200, 5 gods to choose from, local and online co op up to 4P, online PvP (separate from co op), over 50 boss monsters, 600 sidequests(literally over 600 quests), each class has 12-15 combat arts that can all level to 200, each combat art has 6 modifications but you can only choose 3, and each characters gets to choose 10 skills our of 40 or so and I believe they cap at 200 as well. Not to mention there is tons and tons of loot. Rings, amulets, legs, arms, belts, helmet, chest pieces, boots, gloves and lots of set items that grant extra bonuses te more of the set you have on and lots of class specific armies. You can dual wield swords/axes, there are energy guns, bows, blow darts, 2 handed axes/clubs/swords, there are shields too. Each character has their own special mounts, giant lizard, spider, golemn monster thing etc. The game just offers so much it's insane. Been playing it ever dice the day it launched and it's one of my favorite RPG's of all time TC. If anyone is interested in playing it feel free to send me a FR.
---
Propaganda- What lies before us and lies ahead of us are small matters compared to what lies right to our faces.
PSN- Rip_Dat_Bong
#25Cyber Akuma ZeroPosted 10/24/2012 12:32:47 PM
Well, theres Borderlands...

But thats more shoot-and-loot than hack-and-loot.
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
#26A_Nonny_MoosePosted 10/24/2012 12:33:59 PM
Darksiders 2 is full of hacking and slashing and looting.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#27SoopaMan2KPosted 10/24/2012 12:50:49 PM
Lockheart34 posted...
Kingdoms of Amalur?

---
SEN + XBLGT: SoopaMan2K
#28drclaeysPosted 10/24/2012 1:03:16 PM
Friends,

But the story in Scared 2 is pretty weak. There are 600+ quests.. yep over 600, you get so many quests, you have no idea who wants what, when, where and how to do it. its overwhelming.

with that 600+, only the story ones are voiced. That and maybe the band ones. so out of 600, maybe 30 are voices. the rest are reading... YEP READING. like the old days, with paper books and all that stuff.

I am playing mass effect 2 now. Well trying to. Thats so much voiced dialog, its crazy.

Scared 2 should be cheap. Which is a big plus. go hand out on the Scared board, you will find people to play with. I think its bigger in europe, then in the USA.

KOA was nice. Nice DLC from what I hear.

Thank you all for sharing.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#29Cyber Akuma ZeroPosted 10/24/2012 1:09:32 PM
drclaeys posted...
with that 600+, only the story ones are voiced. That and maybe the band ones. so out of 600, maybe 30 are voices. the rest are reading... YEP READING. like the old days, with paper books and all that stuff.

Nooooooooooo! Not reading!

What are we, CAVEMEN? I try to avoid reading whenever possible, that's why I post on messageboards.
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
#30Spurner(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2012 1:02:04 PM
Kingdoms of Amalur just didn't do it for me. I gave it a full 15+ hours before throwing in the towel.

As for Sacred 2, I poked my head into Gamestop and saw a used copy for 15 bucks, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I'm still debating going back and grabbing it.

In the meantime, I'm still rolling through all the nostalgic fun of CoN. I had forgotten, though, how much a pain in the ass most of Act 2 is.