The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think ps4 will carry over trophies? other random questions

#1XDemonJokerXPosted 10/29/2012 12:30:55 AM
I mean it be stupid if they didn't right? Are they also gonna fix the selection where you can delete the 0% games from your trophies list? I have a mild case of ocd and it drives me nuts.
---
Dude i was so pumped about finding the penguin too!
GamerTag XDemonJokerX
#2RyuuHou25Posted 10/29/2012 12:43:06 AM
It's been nearly 6 years, if they haven't give you the option yet, it's pretty much a given they never will. But, stranger things do happen.

As for the PS4, I can't see them carrying trophies over to it honestly. Sony isn't exactly big on the whole BC thing in general, seeing as how they basically stripped away PS2 support, having support for PS3 games might be even more costly/difficult and to keep costs on the PS4 down, whenever it comes out, very good chance they will just not have it at all.

Besides, now that gaming companies and what not know they can just keep selling their older libraries, they'll likely push that even more....kind of like movies, where many are released again and again over the years in various editions.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#3ps3_gamer_norgePosted 10/29/2012 12:52:20 AM
I can guarantee you that ps3 and vita trophies will carry over to s4. Trophies are there to inspire brand loyalty, and they will be a huge reason for trophy whores like myself to buy ps4 instead of Xbox 720.. Not that I wouldn't anyway.

Tl:dr: trophies are a marketing trick that is here to stay, as it works wonders..
#4Ichiko_368Posted 10/29/2012 12:55:19 AM
Always wondered this. I hope so to be honest, it'd be a dumb move not to do so. I mean the Vita does the same.
---
"Vince does not like the universe, so he created his own and he is the ruler of that kingdom." - Paul Heyman.
#5awesomesauce13Posted 10/29/2012 1:17:18 AM
If you can't play PS3 games on the PS4, the actual list of trophies might not be viewable. But we'll use the same PSN accounts so the trophy level and trophies will still be there either way
#6RyuuHou25Posted 10/29/2012 1:26:43 AM
ps3_gamer_norge posted...
I can guarantee you that ps3 and vita trophies will carry over to s4. Trophies are there to inspire brand loyalty, and they will be a huge reason for trophy whores like myself to buy ps4 instead of Xbox 720.. Not that I wouldn't anyway.

Tl:dr: trophies are a marketing trick that is here to stay, as it works wonders..

Trophies are there purely for gamers to show off their achievements to everyone else >.< Only a flipping monkey would be unable to see that trophies/achievements are the same bloody thing.

If the PS4 has no BC, why in the **** would trophies be viewable on it for an older system?

Not to mention, you do realize there is a level cap for trophies right? The previous one was 50 until some gamers actually hit it, they upped it to a higher level, but at some point it would just become redundant and stupid.

Better to have a fresh new version of trophies on the new system.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#7EoinPosted 10/29/2012 2:27:07 AM
Trophies will be on the PS4. Guaranteed. You'll keep your old trophies, and be able to gain trophies on PS4 to add to the same trophy collection and overall level that you have now.

It's weird that anyone thinks otherwise. It's obvious that trophies will be retained. Here's why:

1. It costs Sony basically nothing. In fact, it'd probably cost them more to design a new system from scratch.

2. No new system could be significantly functionally different from the trophy system, meaning designing a new system would have few or no benefits.

3. People would be annoyed if the current system was scrapped.

4. The trophy system is designed partly as a way of locking you into a console choice next generation. The reasoning is that anything you retain, going from one system to the next, is likely to push you towards that system.

5. We already have the clear, real-world example of the Vita. The Vita has used trophies since day 1. They get added onto the PS3 trophies. PS3 trophies are viewable on Vita, and (now) Vita trophies are viewable on PS3. Both contribute to the same single trophy level.

So keeping the old system would be cheap, as good as any new system, would keep people happy, would result in higher sales for the new console, and is completely in line with what Sony have already done for a recent new system.

RyuuHou25 posted...
having support for PS3 games might be even more costly/difficult and to keep costs on the PS4 down, whenever it comes out, very good chance they will just not have it at all.

Whether the PS4 is backwards compatible with the PS3 isn't really a good argument against trophy support. Trophy compatibility and backwards compatibility are not dependent on each other. The PS4 could have zero compatibility with PS3 games, but still support trophies for PS4 games and viewing PS3 trophies.
#8seanskatePosted 10/29/2012 4:32:24 AM
0 % just means somebody tried the game and hated it/returned it, what's wrong with that?
---
PSN = BakerBoard
XBL = ClickedButton
#9Evel138Posted 10/29/2012 4:37:11 AM
I would confidently bet on it tbqh.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=evel138#/d5g9oo0
#10ps3_gamer_norgePosted 10/29/2012 2:03:06 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
ps3_gamer_norge posted...

Trophies are there purely for gamers to show off their achievements to everyone else >.< Only a flipping monkey would be unable to see that trophies/achievements are the same bloody thing.

If the PS4 has no BC, why in the **** would trophies be viewable on it for an older system?

Not to mention, you do realize there is a level cap for trophies right? The previous one was 50 until some gamers actually hit it, they upped it to a higher level, but at some point it would just become redundant and stupid.

Better to have a fresh new version of trophies on the new system.

... Sony implemented trophies as a way to create brand loyalty by letting gamers show off their achievments..

By implementing trophies they make many people stick to their ps3 in order to increase their trophy score. Instead of buying a game on a different console/pc they buy it for ps3. That is the basic idea.

It's a marketing trick that they saw worked for Microsoft, so they did their own version of it. Obviously a genious marketing trick considering that people like yourself are unable to comprehend that it's a trick to create brand loyalty.