This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So which story is more convolted MGS or KH?

#1Lowtan_LanePosted 11/3/2012 7:26:42 AM
So which story is more convolted MGS or KH? - Results (214 votes)
Metal Gear Solid
23.83% (51 votes)
Kingdom Hearts
54.21% (116 votes)
They equally make no sense
21.96% (47 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I was just watching a video explaining the story of Kingdom Hearts and realized even after it was explained I had no freakin idea what had happened. Kinda how I feel about Metal Gear Solid. So which one do you thing is more confusing?
---
"...And since she isn't my gf I don't give a crap what her hobbies are. I'll only see her(them) a couple times a month." --- Lowtan_Lane
#2faris_ruhiPosted 11/3/2012 7:30:12 AM
Gonna vote other.

haven't played Kingdom hearts so can't comment on that, and I understood MGS the first time through pretty much completely.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Going through PS3/360 backlog in order of release. Current game: Ninja Gaiden II----Next up: Too Human--Games Left: 43
#3Seksii_Girl_5Posted 11/3/2012 7:31:20 AM
Kingdom Hearts if you only play 1 + 2. With all these handheld versions im confused as ****.

That said MGS doesn't exactly hold your hand. If you don't pay attention for a few minutes you'll be lost.
---
Daniel Bryan is my future husband!
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqmczjD06s1qipitl.gif
#4Lowtan_Lane(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 7:31:20 AM
Sorry I mean the series as a whole.
---
"...And since she isn't my gf I don't give a crap what her hobbies are. I'll only see her(them) a couple times a month." --- Lowtan_Lane
#5gameghy555Posted 11/3/2012 7:32:53 AM
Neither. Basically both aren't too complex. The writers of KH series are try-hards. They want it to be more confusing, but just confuse themselves. KH fans will never realize this.
---
PSN: MoHSalim
http://www.youtube.com/m0hsalim
#6Rock Dash3XPosted 11/3/2012 7:35:37 AM
gameghy555 posted...
Neither. Basically both aren't too complex. The writers of KH series are try-hards. They want it to be more confusing, but just confuse themselves. KH fans will never realize this.

That's opinions though. Game makes perfect sense to me. My only problem is remember names. Why can't people have names like Bill and Jan.
#7true_gamer80Posted 11/3/2012 7:38:59 AM
I feel bad saying this as I played this series for decades but MGS prob has one of the worst stories ever, its like it was written by a teen on lsd who never quite finished the story and instead fills in more nonsense on the go to wrap it up...

Some seem to think its just amazing since its been going on for long and has a deep story...yet its a complete convoluted mess of a story...all of which these things dont automatically make a story good which most around here seem to think otherwise.

Just because a story is deep does not make it good as this series shows lol...

I love this series but I wont lie the story is crap, utter crap and with each new release it just gets worse and worse, many praise kojima, when it comes to story telling I think hes one of the worst ever, the man is extremely talented in creating games or puutting his vision into reality but the guy does not know what the heck he is doing when it comes to stories.
---
Mastamind - Devil's Symphony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXw0v2OfdCg&feature=related
#8Spiroth_KweehhPosted 11/3/2012 8:22:47 AM(edited)
MGSaga is a masterpiece of a story, makes perfect sense if you are even remotely smart.

On its 25th Anniversary, METAL GEAR is the only such longtime (25 real time years of actual storyline spanning around 75 ingame years), consistent, unrebooted, emotional, ongoing big series in the gaming world, that incorporates important educational themes, philosophical aspect, pre-emptive thematical connection to future (for each respective installment) real world events, ethical dilemmas and poses tons of moral questions.

These for its narrative. As a bonus we get great games, comprising of (but not only):

Great humor, emotion packed, sad moments, epic moments, on top of great unique gameplay, featuring ultimate variety, replayability and challenge, with tons of unlockables and packed with tons of (hilarious) Easter Eggs, soundtrack that is unmatched, some of the greatest characters ever created in any form of entertainment, VA that enhances the experience million-fold, and technical qualities not seen before in the industry (graphical quality, models, animation, sound quality, and AI, all in real time).
Also, add unique gameplay inventions that were unheard to the industry before (and tons of fun too), jaw dropping innovations, and the introduction of great cinematography in gaming.
Not to mention the superb use of poking into our real world, and the great use of breaking the 4th Wall.

Plus the creation of the stealth genre all by itself.
It has long since established its Status as one of the Top 5 gaming series of all time, the only of these Top with actual connections to real life events, while Hideo Kojima has been established as a Legend in the gaming world.

METAL GEAR, FINAL FANTASY, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, and DRAGON QUEST, are probably the Top 5 video game franchises of all time.
At least they are the closest in terms of years old, # of quality games, valid critical reception, valid gamer reception, legacy, innovation along tradition, exposure, sales.

Kingdom Hearts series is still good, its story is excellent, confusing at first, but clear as the calm sea after each installment, pretty greatly thought out and presented in a puzzle like way.
But of course, Kingdom Hearts is still a rookie as a series compared to the above. Someday, maybe.

Wanna see a convoluted story / world / timeline?
The Legend of Zelda. Its only real drawback.

---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#9KatonPosted 11/3/2012 8:20:31 AM
Kingdom Hearts. The handheld versions make no sense. If you're just talking about the two console games, it's fine.
---
"You can almost taste how much the Bubsy 3D makers hated the children of America," from Seanbaby's review of Bubsy 3D (EGM #150)
#10Spiroth_KweehhPosted 11/3/2012 8:23:35 AM
^ How are they not making sense lol?
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world