This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So which story is more convolted MGS or KH?

#21Banjo2553Posted 11/3/2012 10:30:20 AM
Kingdom Hearts by a longshot.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#22Merc123Posted 11/3/2012 10:39:01 AM
Kingdom Hearts is not that hard to understand, you just need to play the games, which i admit are alot of game spread across different consoles.

MGS i always thought tried to be too complex for its own good. When i was shown the database for MGS i just thought it was ridiculous, oh and some magazine game if number 1 for most confusing storyline back in the day. Then again i am biased since i hate the Metal Gear series.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#23kewldude475Posted 11/3/2012 10:41:54 AM
MGS for sure.

KH doesn't take much thought if you play the games.
---
PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam:kewldude475;
Vita is just a PSP with higher specs - Megaman Omega
#24TaerarPosted 11/3/2012 10:43:47 AM
I've lost track of the KH story as I've only played 1 and 2. At least MGS isn't spread across 4 or so platforms.
---
PSN: Sohcan
#25Res5Posted 11/3/2012 10:46:09 AM
I've never really considered KH convoluted at all, it's fairly straight forward if you've played more than KHI and KHII. (Personally I played Chain of Memories and Days before I even played KHII and then KHI afterward so I had a bit of backstory before even playing the main stuff)

The only one I haven't played besides DDD is BBS.
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#26MourningReignsPosted 11/3/2012 10:49:20 AM
Most games that overstay their welcome become convoluted. Otherwise, they can't keep making sequels.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#27XeonexFlashPosted 11/3/2012 10:56:21 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#28CassyChanPosted 11/3/2012 11:18:34 AM(edited)
MGS isn't really that convoluted, it just has quite a lot of character relations to make sense of, people being used, people with double motives, ulterior motives, plot twists etc, but when played in order a couple of times it's all pretty simple to take in (especially after how most of it's over-explained in MGS4).

KH is, imo, convoluted in a bad way due to poor writing (and I mean poor writing of the overall plot and not general stuff like the frequently recycled dialog about friendship, hearts, light, darkness etc). Every plot point, twist, character's motivations etc are all based on very vague plot devices ('light', 'darkness' and 'hearts'), as these are ill-defined they can end up being the reason for and solution to all plot points, and if they aren't used in that way then some other deus ex machina will present itself, which kinda leads into my next point... the characters and how they're connected. With each release they further convolute how all the characters are related, by making a character have a nobody, have another character made from their memories, made from their heartless, being the impostor of someone else, absorbing some of their features from some magic green ball, characters fusing etc, all that crap (I like to post these images in KH topics to highlight how silly KH has become after the first game: http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2493/khsorastory.png & http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3697/khrikustory.png). I don't mean to bash on the series as I love the first game and I enjoy the gameplay and whatnot of the others, but as it became a series and with each release it's become a mess of awful writing.

tl;dr I chose KH.

The problem with polls like this though is that a lot ofKH fans will just choose MGS and likewise a lot of MGS fans will just choose KH regardless of whether they've played each series, so it ends up being more of a popularity poll.
#29kewldude475Posted 11/3/2012 11:24:58 AM
CassyChan posted...
MGS isn't really that convoluted, it just has quite a lot of character relations to make sense of, people being used, people with double motives, ulterior motives, plot twists etc, but when played in order a couple of times it's all pretty simple to take in (especially after how most of it's over-explained in MGS4).

You just described KH perfectly.
---
PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam:kewldude475;
Vita is just a PSP with higher specs - Megaman Omega
#30thefinal7Posted 11/3/2012 11:52:41 AM
Kingdom Hearts. God I'm getting sick of that series. KH1 was brilliant because of its simplicity, once KH2 came into the picture, it was still enjoyable, but started to add so much into it that it started to get confusing. Adding in all of the other games that span different consoles just further confuses people.

As others have said, MGS isn't all that confusing until you reach MGS4. I think Kojima gave up with that title.
---
Not changing this sig until Sega releases Skies of Arcadia HD. Started 10/8/12