This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So which story is more convolted MGS or KH?

#31RPG maniac87Posted 11/3/2012 2:12:46 PM(edited)
CassyChan posted...
the characters and how they're connected. With each release they further convolute how all the characters are related, by making a character have a nobody, have another character made from their memories, made from their heartless, being the impostor of someone else, absorbing some of their features from some magic green ball, characters fusing etc, all that crap

So you hate the Kingdom Hearts universe because you don't fully understand it?
We don't even have a good grasp on the rules of our own universe.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#32CassyChanPosted 11/3/2012 2:29:12 PM
kewldude475 posted...
CassyChan posted...
MGS isn't really that convoluted, it just has quite a lot of character relations to make sense of, people being used, people with double motives, ulterior motives, plot twists etc, but when played in order a couple of times it's all pretty simple to take in (especially after how most of it's over-explained in MGS4).

You just described KH perfectly.

I described it in the part of my post you decided to omit... There's a large difference in what I meant about both series which should've been obvious from the bit you left out, like how in MGS the most 'complex' the character relations get is generally how everyone knows everyone, who's using who, what they know about what's going on at each point of the plot etc, whereas KH's relations are more convoluted due to magical interbreeding, usually through some deus ex machina and most of the time adding nothing at all worthwhile to the plot (hence the images I linked to, everyone's a part of everyone, made from nobodies, memories, fused together etc, at this point in the series I don't think anyone would bat an eyelid if they made Sora go back in time and become his own father). I like Kingdom Hearts but imo the story has become a terrible mess that's obviously been made up as they've gone along.

RPG maniac87 posted...
CassyChan posted...
the characters and how they're connected. With each release they further convolute how all the characters are related, by making a character have a nobody, have another character made from their memories, made from their heartless, being the impostor of someone else, absorbing some of their features from some magic green ball, characters fusing etc, all that crap

So you hate the Kingdom Hearts universe because you don't fully understand it?
We don't even have a good grasp on the rules of our own universe.

No, and you removed part of my post to twist my words because I already explained myself in the sentence following the part you quoted ("I love the first game and I enjoy the gameplay and whatnot of the others, but as it became a series and with each release it's become a mess of awful writing."), why ask a question when the answer is in the sentence following the one you decided to single out and quote? It is possible to understand a story and think the writing isn't good at the same time.

Kingdom Hearts has the worst fanbase I've ever come across, you say one little thing they don't like, even when casually expressed as an opinion, and the fanboys start quoting specific parts of your posts to take them out of context and twist your words, or they just say "you just don't understand," like those of us who see anything as a flaw aren't able to comprehend what's going on in the series like they are, it's insulting.
#33RPG maniac87Posted 11/3/2012 2:33:37 PM
But why does that stuff make it awful writing to you?
Not trying to write you off as wrong -- I'm just trying to understand how you think.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#34Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 11/3/2012 2:56:09 PM
Kingdom Hearts is the clear winner. To even call that pile of words a story is an insult.
MGS at least makes sense after you play MG1, MG2, and MGS1-4. Even Peacewalker added to the story. But I honestly just threw out KH2 about halfway through I just couldn't listen to that madness any longer.
#35craelonPosted 11/3/2012 3:09:48 PM
I vote Metal Gear Solid but it's probably because it's been out longer. Give Kingdom Hearts maybe 10 more years (like Metal Gear Solid has) and it'll catch up.
---
I declare this post a VICTORY ( ^-^ )v
#36Spiroth_KweehhPosted 11/3/2012 5:21:50 PM
HakaiVeil posted...
Fourth option for Spiroth, because his fanboy delusions don't make a lick of sense.

Not only that, MGS did NOT start the stealth genre. You should be hanged for that BS.

The only point at when MGS gets convoluted is 4. They lost their effing minds there.

KH was a trainwreck of a story once they started going beyond the premise started in KH1 and tried making it some HUGE time-spanning thing.

Ridiculous and intentionally offensive post directed to me, not adding anything to any layer of any discussion presented in this topic.
Who's delusional, is not up to me to say.

Also, what I posted totally make sense, as I gave reasons for each of my point.
And METAL GEAR did start the Stealth genre.

As for further personal attacks and ridiculous spoiled mindsets, I just hope you don't have a right to vote or shape any kind of events in whatever country you live, because if I lived in the same country, I would be extremely cautious of someone who thinks anybody deserves being hanged for any thesis, especially for a game argument and especially when he's 100% correct.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#37Grizzle1981Posted 11/3/2012 5:25:29 PM
How was Kingdom Hearts confusing in the least? It's kind of laid out in a rather simple format. It's Disney for pete's sake.
---
This post is 100% opinion unless stated otherwise.