This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would a lesbian be more acceptable in today's gaming society than a gay male?

#31thisranksPosted 11/3/2012 4:03:03 PM
While different subjects, this can be summed up the same exact way as i respond to the east/west topics. Neither of these topics doesn't get brought up UNTIL someone brings it up, which makes you wonder at the reasoning for bringing it up.

Whether people care to admit it or not bias only plays a role in something WHEN it's given a reason to bloom, i.e. topics created that give people a reason to do so.

I don't personally care who plays video games no matter their lifestyle. That's their business. When they start to make it my business then they are asking for a response. In many cases i simply ignore those people as that is the smartest path to take, especially on forums.

The easy answer to this is: if i don't know about their lifestyle why should i care? For what good reason does bringing up their sexual preferences have anything to do with gaming anyways? Breaking the ice? I don't think so ...

What's acceptable is we get to the business of gaming.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#32YO456Posted 11/3/2012 4:08:38 PM
Most gamers are male, most are straight and find hot women, straight or lesbian, to be a desirable component of a game. Easy as that, just like why there`s so much hot women advertising.

Is it more "acceptable"? no. Will it sell better? Probably.
---
Coronados de gloria vivamos
O juremos con gloria morir!
#33GoatJugSoupPosted 11/3/2012 4:13:35 PM
The rule is no matter what the situation is or how accepted a gay male is in anything a lesbian is always at least 50% more acceptable. ALWAYS!
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken
#34DrEaM_420Posted 11/3/2012 4:21:23 PM
GoatJugSoup posted...
The rule is no matter what the situation is or how accepted a gay male is in anything a lesbian is always at least 50% more acceptable. ALWAYS!

What if is its one of those diesel lesbians who wear flannel and denim pants with short hair.
---
:)
#35SixStringHeroPosted 11/3/2012 4:27:10 PM
Surely I cannot be the only one here who remembers the game Fear Effect 2?
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#36Zax77Posted 11/3/2012 4:30:29 PM
It really shouldn't matter, if he or she is good and fun to plat with people shouldn't care. If only it was a perfect world
---
Say goodbye to everything
#37ada_perfectionPosted 11/3/2012 4:33:27 PM
Lesbians are way cooler than gay dudes, even the really butch lesbians.
#38GoatJugSoupPosted 11/3/2012 4:37:29 PM
DrEaM_420 posted...
GoatJugSoup posted...

What if is its one of those diesel lesbians who wear flannel and denim pants with short hair.

---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken
#39TheBonfiniPosted 11/3/2012 4:45:18 PM
ada_perfection posted...
Lesbians are way cooler than gay dudes, even the really butch lesbians.

Lol how come?
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#40Video_Game_CzarPosted 11/3/2012 4:46:22 PM
Looking at how well the Fear Effect games did...
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar