This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would a lesbian be more acceptable in today's gaming society than a gay male?

#51TheBonfiniPosted 11/3/2012 5:25:11 PM
Sometimes it isn't flaunting anything. If a persons demeanor is flamboyant than it might seem liked they are flaunting it, but it could be they are just dramatic. Some people are just attention seekers, whether straight or gay. It's just a stereotype that gay people are more flamboyant. It depends on the person. There's tonnes of closet homosexuals that would never "annoy" anyone.

People need to concentrate being comfortable in their own skin. Then they won't have time to concern themselves with what others do with their business.

Although I can say some gay people I know have been the most intolerant of other things, which is just the most laughable hypocrisy imaginable. Gay people bashing anything is hilarious. But that's just being dramatic.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#52Kingmichael1337Posted 11/3/2012 5:26:54 PM
TheBonfini posted...
Although I can say some gay people I know have been the most intolerant of other things, which is just the most laughable hypocrisy imaginable. Gay people bashing anything is hilarious. But that's just being dramatic.

why should gay people be held to a higher standard
---
the mods are watching me
10/22/12 @ 12:21:04 AM - successfully disputed suspension, LOL
#53FalosPosted 11/3/2012 5:28:01 PM
I'm far more concerned with their attitude than their lifestyle choice. I have no problem with a butch who wants to walk and talk like a construction worker, but when she makes a point of it or starts announcing generalizations it's no better than a "girl gamer" who accidentally points out the fact every five minutes.
---
Ever squish your face on a window? Looks funny. Ever got stuck?
#54ada_perfectionPosted 11/3/2012 5:29:40 PM
LoveFreakFlonne posted...
ada_perfection posted...
TheBonfini posted...
ada_perfection posted...
Lesbians are way cooler than gay dudes, even the really butch lesbians.

Lol how come?

Because lesbians don't flaunt their lesbianism in everyone's face every 3 seconds, they just go about their every day normal business.

What lesbians do you hang out with?

Normal ones, apparently.
#55bmagic3Posted 11/3/2012 5:32:39 PM
This thread should have a poll......
---
IGN: http://www.ign.com/blogs/bmagicdabeast
THE BEST Star Wars HipHop Beat: http://youtu.be/P2ty1ooWjG4
#56Kingmichael1337Posted 11/3/2012 5:36:09 PM
Large_Tonberry posted...
Mass Effect is a good indicator, I'd say.

FemShep + Liara = no problem, it's "hot".
Inclusion of (optional) homosexual ManShep = outrageous, and fuelled weeks of tantrums and bigotry.

this is a pretty good point, and i personally found it offensive when bioware's excuse for never including a single gay male option in ME1/ME2 was that it just wasn't how they imagined shepard. the implication was that sci-fi action hero dude can't be into other dudes. like wtf. why'd they imagine femshep as potentially bi/homosexual but not male shepard? why'd they insist on the writers having total control over this one part of his personality? "shepard can be anyone you want, just please don't make him a gay male!"

i played a femshep anyway so idc but it still annoyed me
---
the mods are watching me
#57Kungfu KenobiPosted 11/3/2012 5:44:12 PM(edited)
why'd they imagine femshep as potentially bi/homosexual but not male shepard?

Liara isn't technically a woman. This is acknowledged in-game

>_>

<_<

I know right.
---
Check out www.axemurderingworms.com . And remember kids: Sound isn't music, Books aren't stories, This is not a pipe, and The medium is the message.
#58Kingmichael1337Posted 11/3/2012 5:48:50 PM
Kungfu Kenobi posted...
why'd they imagine femshep as potentially bi/homosexual but not male shepard?

Liara isn't technically a woman. This is acknowledged in-game

>_>

<_<

I know right.

kelly chambers

there's no sex but it's close enough
---
the mods are watching me
#59DarkGam3rPosted 11/3/2012 5:48:56 PM
Bf109_Ace_1941 posted...
Gamefaqs should mod/ban all the homo related topics. This isn't the place to discuss such things.

So we should be afraid to talk about homosexiality?

On-topic:
Lesbians are more acceptable in the gaming world because there are male gamers who drool at the thought of GirlxGirl action.

Compared to gay males...

Because much of the people who play videogames and talk about them (Both requirements) are male, it would seem uncomfortable to think about one of their own "kind" engaging in a "taboo".

In reality, there are many games that have homosexuality, both implied and in-your-face. With that, we all should just not necessarily "embrace", but acknowledge that homosexuality in videogames isn't real, and there's no point in arguing about it.
---
"I'm no hero."
#60Kungfu KenobiPosted 11/3/2012 5:51:06 PM
kelly chambers

Nothing happened.

>_>

<_<
---
Check out www.axemurderingworms.com . And remember kids: Sound isn't music, Books aren't stories, This is not a pipe, and The medium is the message.