This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would a lesbian be more acceptable in today's gaming society than a gay male?

#61Sipher360Posted 11/3/2012 4:51:51 PM
Yeah, people would wild out. A gay woman would be much more accepted...sadly.

And even a gay woman would have to be presented as the "feminine" type of gay woman that can be had by a man. Not the more "masculine" gay woman that's totally uninterested in men.
---
"Ahk and them never did nothing to me....terrorism is when you hang a * from a tree..." -Grand Puba Maxwell
#62TexnophilePosted 11/3/2012 4:54:16 PM
DarkGam3r posted...
Bf109_Ace_1941 posted...
Gamefaqs should mod/ban all the homo related topics. This isn't the place to discuss such things.

So we should be afraid to talk about homosexiality?

On-topic:
Lesbians are more acceptable in the gaming world because there are male gamers who drool at the thought of GirlxGirl action.

Compared to gay males...

Because much of the people who play videogames and talk about them (Both requirements) are male, it would seem uncomfortable to think about one of their own "kind" engaging in a "taboo".

In reality, there are many games that have homosexuality, both implied and in-your-face. With that, we all should just not necessarily "embrace", but acknowledge that homosexuality in videogames isn't real, and there's no point in arguing about it.

No but it really doesn't have a place in a video game discussion along with politics and religion. Most of the time it is used to incite people. With that said, I agree with your point 100%.
---
"Nothing has ever been more insupportable for a man and a human society than freedom." -The Grand Inquisitor
#63Kingmichael1337Posted 11/3/2012 4:57:54 PM
Texnophile posted...
No but it really doesn't have a place in a video game discussion along with politics and religion. Most of the time it is used to incite people. With that said, I agree with your point 100%.

k but gay ppl exist and shouldn't be a taboo subject, so ppl who don't like it should just get over it. personally i don't care if i make any homophobes mad. you'll never see ppl say like, "discussion of heterosexually should be b&" or something
---
the mods are watching me
10/22/12 @ 12:21:04 AM - successfully disputed suspension, LOL
#64ada_perfectionPosted 11/3/2012 5:02:41 PM
Gay people should have a seperate video game forum where they can talk about video games made specifically for gay people.

Seems fair to me.
#65codeman101360Posted 11/3/2012 5:08:20 PM
bensybob posted...
only if its a hot lesbian

But seriously, I couldn't care less about homosexuality in video games, as long as it doesn't feel shoehorned in as either an attempt to look "progressive" or to appeal to drooling teenage boys.

Good examples: Fallout: NV, Dishonored, Borderlands 2
Bad example: Mass Effect 3
---
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can **** off." -Richard Dawkins
EA in a nutshell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LE0ycgkBQ
#66codeman101360Posted 11/3/2012 5:15:16 PM
ada_perfection posted...
<insert race here> people should have a seperate video game forum where they can talk about video games made specifically for <insert race here> people.

Seems fair to me.

---
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can **** off." -Richard Dawkins
EA in a nutshell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LE0ycgkBQ
#67ada_perfectionPosted 11/3/2012 5:16:51 PM
codeman101360 posted...
ada_perfection posted...
<insert race here> people should have a seperate video game forum where they can talk about video games made specifically for <insert race here> people.

Seems fair to me.

Even better, you made a template that we can apply to all annoying groups of people.
#68thetrixter99Posted 11/3/2012 5:20:27 PM
Good question and at first I would say yes but then thinking about it really I would not care
---
Just when you think you have it all figured out you been tricked :)
#69PffrbtPosted 11/3/2012 5:20:35 PM
ada_perfection posted...
TheBonfini posted...
ada_perfection posted...
Lesbians are way cooler than gay dudes, even the really butch lesbians.

Lol how come?

Because lesbians don't flaunt their lesbianism in everyone's face every 3 seconds, they just go about their every day normal business.

So do gay guys. I'm pretty sure you're just trying to be an ass though.
#70stawg007Posted 11/3/2012 5:22:20 PM
Lesbians can be hot, so yes!