This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would a lesbian be more acceptable in today's gaming society than a gay male?

#71rofflchopperPosted 11/3/2012 5:23:30 PM
Of course it would be. People are hypocritical.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#72PffrbtPosted 11/3/2012 5:26:04 PM
Texnophile posted...
No but it really doesn't have a place in a video game discussion along with politics and religion.

Why limit video game discussion so much if sexuality, politics, and religion are all found in video games?
#73ikrissyPosted 11/3/2012 5:28:10 PM
People on this board are hilarious. They cry foul when homosexuality is in games like Mass Effect and claim they are going to boycott the game, the game will never sell, etc etc.

But I guarantee you they still go out and buy the game. People on this board just love to complain.
---
goolybooly-TC, you came HERE to complain about the bad people on Xbox Live? Xbox Live is like GameFAQs with sound. | GT- Kombat Kelly
#74ada_perfectionPosted 11/3/2012 5:30:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#75CyhortI82Posted 11/3/2012 5:30:35 PM
Yep, of course. Lesbians turn on straight guys so they're not gonna complain like a lot do when a game includes a gay romance. I've never felt that any lesbians in a game were there for actual lesbian players the way I think gay characters are there for gay players. Lesbians in games are almost always oversexualized and obviously there for sex appeal and not any real character or story reason.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#76James009Posted 11/3/2012 5:40:22 PM
I think they would be, yes. Due to male culture I believe that lesbians are much more accepted than gay males in general.
#77NoctisEternalPosted 11/3/2012 5:46:26 PM
The answer to the topic question, is yes.

Sadly.
#78killakPosted 11/3/2012 5:47:09 PM
As much a I'd liketo say no, probably yes.

Oh sure the media would be all over it, but most gamers are male, and a good chunk of them is only homophobic when males are involved.

100% agreed, except it'd say most rather than a chunk of
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, the exclamation.........
#79XxXSe7eNXxXPosted 11/3/2012 5:56:49 PM
I love lesbians!
#80jammiesPosted 11/3/2012 5:56:55 PM
I don't think the TC ever answered my question.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx