This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which CAPCOM franchise should get a sequel/reboot?

#71_CyberpunkPosted 11/4/2012 6:48:59 AM
@cyberpunk

Ah dude, he said that if fans can come up with stories, then so can game designers. Have you seen the many fan stories across the internet? Game designers aren't brain dead zombies. The Rockman series can have tons of sequels without any reboots.

I know what fanfics are but you insult the game creators THEN say "I could write..." is a tool thing to say.
---
http://h-2.abload.de/img/stretchy5bei.gif
http://h-3.abload.de/img/stretchypants-flyntflonh55.gif
#72GenjiRedPosted 11/4/2012 6:53:42 AM
_Cyberpunk posted...
33 so yeah I'm old enough to be your dad, sonny. I'm am not being pretentious and I think you need to look that word up since it doesn't mean what you think it means.

I see you looked up 'pretentious' and said, "WTF, I'm not that! I'll show this guy" Also, at 33, why the hell are you using 'butthurt'? But I'm glad you see just how pretentious that was and completely backpedaled your previous comments.

Before it was "writers don't know how to write", now it's "Capcom has very talented employees". See, even at 33 (still don't know why your age is relevant here; it doesn't prove anything) you can still learn something.

I see that you don't know how to admitt that you were wrong and wanted to quote want you wanted and decided to cut off the rest of my post. Here is the full post:

"Heh, I could write a story for any franchises that has ever existed and if I can do it, then I'm pretty sure game designers can too, but the fact that companies have little faith in their employees, they decide to take the lazy route and hire Western companies to make reboots for them. Resident Evil doesn't need a reboot, it just needs to take a two year break or something and let some other Capcom franchises shine."

I guess kids like you don't know how to read which is sad because you still don't know what pretentious means. If you wanted to insult me, you should have used the word "elitist".
---
If you believe in Pikachu, have accepted him as a cute lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#73GenjiRedPosted 11/4/2012 6:56:24 AM
Ichiko_368 posted...
GenjiRed posted...
_Cyberpunk posted...

Butthurt over something?

Its just a lazy way game designing since writers today don't know how to continue where the last entry left off.
Heh, I could write a story for any franchises that has ever existed

You're just unbelievably pretentious. Let me guess, you're studying to become a 'video game maker' when you finish high school?

@ TC,

I was just pointing out that franchises don't need reboots and was suggesting sequels. I didn't think that needed to be pointed out.

Well i didn't read your post to be honest. I just saw you complaining about reboots and that was enough for me to state what i said.

See, this is what happens when people assume things without reading. I was just telling that to cyberpunk and now he is flying off the handle over something that was never intended.
---
If you believe in Pikachu, have accepted him as a cute lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#74Grandy12Posted 11/4/2012 6:58:13 AM
GenjiRed posted...
_Cyberpunk posted...
33 so yeah I'm old enough to be your dad, sonny. I'm am not being pretentious and I think you need to look that word up since it doesn't mean what you think it means.

I see you looked up 'pretentious' and said, "WTF, I'm not that! I'll show this guy" Also, at 33, why the hell are you using 'butthurt'? But I'm glad you see just how pretentious that was and completely backpedaled your previous comments.

Before it was "writers don't know how to write", now it's "Capcom has very talented employees". See, even at 33 (still don't know why your age is relevant here; it doesn't prove anything) you can still learn something.

I see that you don't know how to admitt that you were wrong and wanted to quote want you wanted and decided to cut off the rest of my post. Here is the full post:

"Heh, I could write a story for any franchises that has ever existed and if I can do it, then I'm pretty sure game designers can too, but the fact that companies have little faith in their employees, they decide to take the lazy route and hire Western companies to make reboots for them. Resident Evil doesn't need a reboot, it just needs to take a two year break or something and let some other Capcom franchises shine."

I guess kids like you don't know how to read which is sad because you still don't know what pretentious means. If you wanted to insult me, you should have used the word "elitist".

"I could write a story for any franchises that has ever existed"?

Man, that's pretentious.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#75GenjiRedPosted 11/4/2012 7:01:18 AM
Grandy12 posted...
GenjiRed posted...
_Cyberpunk posted...

"I could write a story for any franchises that has ever existed"?

Man, that's pretentious.

Don't you mean elitist? Seriously, find the right word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk
---
#76ScreamingMidgetPosted 11/4/2012 7:02:56 AM
Breath of Fire.
#77TekuninPosted 11/4/2012 7:07:05 AM
Resident Evil 2.
---
In Soviet Matrix, Spoon Bends You!
#78KaryuPosted 11/4/2012 7:09:26 AM
Out of them all, easily picking Dino Crisis for it seems to be all but forgotten by Capcom and the disgustingly awful DC3 needs to be wiped from the face of the earth.

However the fact Captain Commando is missing from this list dissapoints me.
---
I want to live till I die, no more no less.
#79MakaimakioPosted 11/4/2012 7:12:30 AM
_Cyberpunk posted...
@cyberpunk

Ah dude, he said that if fans can come up with stories, then so can game designers. Have you seen the many fan stories across the internet? Game designers aren't brain dead zombies. The Rockman series can have tons of sequels without any reboots.

I know what fanfics are but you insult the game creators THEN say "I could write..." is a tool thing to say.

I don't think he insulted game creators, he called the companies lazy for now allowing their employees to make a new entry to the franchises. Companies go over the heads of their own employees and I see that as an insult. I think you either took his comment the wrong way or didn't read the entire post as I notice you only quoted half of the sentence.
#80Mr_Big_BossPosted 11/4/2012 7:13:28 AM
resident evil needs a reboot very badly.

---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...