This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which CAPCOM franchise should get a sequel/reboot?

#81Grandy12Posted 11/4/2012 7:13:30 AM
GenjiRed posted...
Don't you mean elitist? Seriously, find the right word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

No, I mean pretentious.

pre·ten·tious

: characterized by pretension: as
a : making usually unjustified or excessive claims (as of value or standing) <the pretentious fraud who assumes a love of culture that is alien to him — Richard Watts>
b : expressive of affected, unwarranted, or exaggerated importance, worth, or stature <pretentious language> <pretentious houses>

pretension

: an allegation of doubtful value : pretext
: a claim or an effort to establish a claim
: a claim or right to attention or honor because of merit
: an aspiration or intention that may or may not reach fulfillment <has serious literary pretensions>

When one claims to be able to do the work of any writer of any series (and implicit that he could do it well), then he is undoubtedly being pretentious, that is, he is making a claim of doubtful values (simply put you can not do that nor anybody here ever believed you could)

Elitism, on the other hand, is

Definition of ELITISM

: leadership or rule by an elite
: the selectivity of the elite; especially : snobbery <elitism in choosing new members>
: consciousness of being or belonging to an elite

Which you will notice is not at all what is happening here (you're not being snobbish; to be snobbish you'd first have to have done the thing which you claim you could do, before you do that, you only have the pretension of being able to do it). Unless you are saying that you think you belong to the elite. Which, here between us, would be something really pretentious to be said.

So I am afraid mr Montoya that the word means exactly what I think it meant, and you should buy a dictionary.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#82HakaiVeilPosted 11/4/2012 7:23:12 AM
They need to give Godhand, Onimusha, Megaman, Breath of Fire, Clock Tower, etc to better hands.

Godhand would do well with Platinum. Megaman should go back to Inafune. BoF and the rest just need to exist again.
#83GenjiRedPosted 11/4/2012 7:24:49 AM
@grandy12

Here is where you are wrong. You only quoted half of my sentence to make a pretentious claim

"Heh, I could write a story for any franchises that has ever existed and if I can do it, then I'm pretty sure game designers can too, but the fact that companies have little faith in their employees, they decide to take the lazy route and hire Western companies to make reboots for them. Resident Evil doesn't need a reboot, it just needs to take a two year break or something and let some other Capcom franchises shine."

I write fanfics like many others on the internet. I'm not saying they are good, but I mentioned that game designers can make a story to old entries as well, but companies won't let them. That was what I was saying and I'm trying to figure out why you and cyberpunk are trying to twist my words when I quoted myself more than once, showing that I am express how companies are devoided their game designers from making new entries to old franchises. And yes it is a elitist thing for me to say, but I was making a point that fan fiction writers like myself love writing stories to old franchises that may never get sequels.
---
If you believe in Pikachu, have accepted him as a cute lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#84arczero_xPosted 11/4/2012 7:27:28 AM
Other. Capcom themselves needs a reboot.
---
http://backloggery.com/arczero
Whatever that is on your mind is my signature.
#85Grandy12Posted 11/4/2012 7:34:34 AM
GenjiRed posted...
I write fanfics like many others on the internet.

And it is really pretentions to think they are in a level that could be used for the actual games. This coming from someone who writes fanfiction himself.

Your logic was that if you could write them, so could the game designers. And yes, the game designers can write fanfictions on your level of fanfiction-ing, but there is no question that actual writers are better for the job. The same way, writers can design the game, but there is no question the game designers are better for that.

Also, you weren't elitist at all. That is not what the word elitist means. If anything, I am being elitist because I'm promoting the idea that only those who do the job best should do the job at all.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#86GenjiRedPosted 11/4/2012 7:43:39 AM
Grandy12 posted...
GenjiRed posted...
I write fanfics like many others on the internet.

And it is really pretentions to think they are in a level that could be used for the actual games. This coming from someone who writes fanfiction himself.

Your logic was that if you could write them, so could the game designers. And yes, the game designers can write fanfictions on your level of fanfiction-ing, but there is no question that actual writers are better for the job. The same way, writers can design the game, but there is no question the game designers are better for that.

Also, you weren't elitist at all. That is not what the word elitist means. If anything, I am being elitist because I'm promoting the idea that only those who do the job best should do the job at all.

Did I say that I'm on the level of game designers? I'll quote myself again "I'm not saying they are good". I don't know why you don't quote my whole post. It seems like you are trying really hard to make me sound pretentious so that you can feel conceited. This is what I am doing:

Elitism - The superior attitude or behaviour associated with an elite.

You seem I am a honest person and at the same time, I acknowledge my own faults, so it would appear that you are trying to create a confrontation that was never there. So if I can write random stories, than so can game designers and I know game designers' stories are way better than an below average fanfic writer like myself. I swear if you try to mis-quote me again, it would prove that you just have something against me at this point and are just venting.
---
If you believe in Pikachu, have accepted him as a cute lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#87rodwipeisdeadPosted 11/4/2012 7:52:07 AM
Out of that list I went with Dino Crisis, but if I could choose anything it would be Chaos Legion. I'd actually be more than happy with a simple HD upgrade of the original.
---
What are all these knobs for?
To put their hands in the air.
#88PaleH0rsePosted 11/4/2012 7:58:03 AM
I say we need a sequel or a reboot of Gotcha Force!
#89Hi CPosted 11/4/2012 7:59:41 AM
Breath of Fire got a reboot and no one bought it.
---
You'll be my John G.
#90UnderratedGamerPosted 11/4/2012 8:03:45 AM
Hi C posted...
Breath of Fire got a reboot and no one bought it.

Because of too much innovation.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov