This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Demon Souls and Dark Souls are INCREDIBLY overrated games....

#11gtaking5Posted 11/4/2012 12:43:23 AM
Demons Souls was great because it was a breath of fresh air for RPGs but just gaming in general, it came out at a time where there was hardly no RPGs for PS3 and everything was too easy plus the Online was unique and awesome.

Dark Souls evolved upon that. If you can't appreciate either of them then stick with CoD.

You're the kind of people he's talking about. Demon's and Dark Souls, in general are pretty over rated. I've played better games that have had no budget, but you don't hear me preaching up on my soap box.

So just accept the fact that someone has an opinion that is different than yours, and accept the fact that his opinion is the opinion of the general public, which usually makes them quasi facts.
---
#NTN
#12Ichiko_368Posted 11/4/2012 12:46:04 AM
Nah i think just gaming fans in general suck. Everyone is bitter and annoying.
---
"Vince does not like the universe, so he created his own and he is the ruler of that kingdom." - Paul Heyman.
#13Sliver_Fata_ZPosted 11/4/2012 12:49:56 AM
spectermaster14 posted...
Demons Souls was great because it was a breath of fresh air for RPGs but just gaming in general, it came out at a time where there was hardly no RPGs for PS3 and everything was too easy plus the Online was unique and awesome.

Dark Souls evolved upon that. If you can't appreciate either of them then stick with CoD.

The exact reason people hate DS fans.

This.
#14Kingmichael1337Posted 11/4/2012 12:50:58 AM(edited)
Sliver_Fata_Z posted...
spectermaster14 posted...

The exact reason people hate DS fans.

This.

^

---
the mods are watching me
10/22/12 @ 12:21:04 AM - successfully disputed suspension, LOL
#15gtaking5Posted 11/4/2012 12:51:14 AM
Nah i think just gaming fans in general suck. Everyone is bitter and annoying.

Then stop b****ing and acting like a Nazi.
---
I just want to get some peace of mind, It's only in my head
As I roll over and play dead I don't want to hear it anymore
#16HorrorSindicatePosted 11/4/2012 12:51:47 AM
So it's over-rated when You're the Anomaly? That really isn't how ratings work. BTW I still haven't played the game just hate seeing this stupid catch phrase (Over-rated). It may be over-exaggerated by its Fanboys (all fanboys do that) but most critical evaluations of the games have been positive.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#17TexnophilePosted 11/4/2012 12:55:25 AM
Scarecrow1711 posted...
People point them out and say "Game of the generation"...What? I don't have a problem with you liking the game but some...fanboys go "every RPG needs to be like Demon and Dark Souls and if they aren't then you are just butthurt" Dark Souls was boring beyond boring for me. One of THE worst purchases I've made this gen.

I found them to be the best games this gen but to each their own. I would like to know what you consider the best games this gen for the ps3?
---
"Nothing has ever been more insupportable for a man and a human society than freedom." -The Grand Inquisitor
#18PokeLOLPosted 11/4/2012 12:57:48 AM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
GOTY year baby

---
Waiting for: Final Fantasy XIII-4 BLKOPSWTFBBQGAYRETNSXIV. & Resident Evil 7: Rise of the Gun Wielding Aliens.
#19KittySaladPosted 11/4/2012 1:02:14 AM
Ichiko_368 posted...

You were doing perfect until you atacked him for no reason.

I personally love both of them, they're something completely different from everything I've seen before. I can understand why some people find it boring, though, as it can get veeeeeery slow and some areas are a bit tedious. Still, I think they're great games and they get hate just because. This guy gave his opinion and you should respect that, since he was not just flaming the games for no reason.
---
"Screw the warm and fuzzy feelings. I want my golden idol."-DoctorWenus
#20KeyeszxPosted 11/4/2012 1:03:24 AM
What I personally like, I'm not sure about the Dark Souls noobs, but the fact that Demon's Souls was a breath of fresh air in a stagnate RPG library. I'm not sure how you can say it isn't a game worthy of praise. Demon's Souls made you think and brought a challenge to everyone. The bosses required thought to beat, you couldn't just run up and slash at them and sometimes it wasn't even about hitting and dodging. The bosses were unique and challenging, I'm looking at you Old Monk.

Dark Souls just refined the general gameplay but took out the joy of the bosses. I personally believe Dark Souls to be boring in comparison to Demon's Souls because the bosses are uninteresting tactically and lore wise. The first real boss you fight has this huge back story that can be found from items in the game and it just added such a depth to the game. It made you feel like there was a whole living breathing world that was destroyed. While Dark Souls just felt like another boring world to save with little to any story I could care for.

TC, please name a game that is better than Demon's Souls.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2