This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Racist games?

#41Grandy12Posted 11/4/2012 2:14:51 PM
jubjub360 posted...
Grandy12 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
Grandy12 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
Stereotypes are NOT a form of racism. Racism is a hate for a specific race

No, racism is prejudice towards a race, and that includes racial stereotypes. Hate is merely a facet of racism.

Nit picking quotes again grandy?

I do that when the rest of the quote would not affect the meaning of the part I picked.

Sue me.

Nope. Just a useless argument when you nitpick.

I'm not really sure you know what nitpicking means.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nitpick

"to be excessively concerned with or critical of inconsequential details."

"to criticize by focusing on inconsequential details."

Such as in the sentence "jubjub is nitpicking over the fact I quoted only part of his sentence, instead of coming up with a counter-argument"
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#42jubjub360Posted 11/4/2012 2:20:22 PM
I'm not really sure you know what nitpicking means.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nitpick

"to be excessively concerned with or critical of inconsequential details."

"to criticize by focusing on inconsequential details."

Such as in the sentence "jubjub is nitpicking over the fact I quoted only part of his sentence, instead of coming up with a counter-argument"

Or like this: "Grandy is nitpicking minor details in a post that destroys someone else's argument just so he can be a smart ass."

Again, if you can't quote the whole thing and discuss it as a whole, why should I give any sort of f*** if you are too lazy to discuss everything?
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
#43calimann83Posted 11/4/2012 2:26:44 PM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
XxD3ADLYXx posted...
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
Kung Fu Chaos (Maybe the most racist game EVER)

Stereotypes is racist? Ok..

Yeah. It is.

Not necessarily.. we stereotype everything and everyone, its just the way humans are, but that doesn't always make you a racist.
---
PSN: VipCk
#44Crimson SkysPosted 11/4/2012 2:27:54 PM
I can't believe no ones mentioned the Postal games.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#45cymanxPosted 11/4/2012 2:30:12 PM
Stereotypes only exist because people who those stereotypes are attached to reinforce the very same stereotypes that offend them in the first place. Like the black guy with fried chicken and malt liquor... White guy who lives in a trailor park in the south and married his sister... The middle eastern who turns their shoes into explosives and tries to blow up a plane... You get the idea I'm sure. There are ofcourse many more stereotypes, but I don't have the time to look them all up. And honestly, there are reasons why they exist in the first place. Frankly speaking, it is the culture itself of all ethnic groups that often results in the creation of stereotypes, not intentionally... but it is true. Look at New York, New Yorkers are steroetyped as being uptight douche bags, but that isn't the case (I'm sure). They reinforce this stereotype.
---
Maybe if we talk to the television, and know everything there is to know about football, that our favorite team will make it to the super bowl...
#46Grandy12Posted 11/4/2012 2:47:37 PM(edited)
jubjub360 posted...
Or like this: "Grandy is nitpicking minor details in a post that destroys someone else's argument just so he can be a smart ass."

I'm sorry, is the "racism = hate" sentence a "minor detail" on a post where you do nothing but try to prove racism equals hate?

Again, if you can't quote the whole thing and discuss it as a whole, why should I give any sort of f*** if you are too lazy to discuss everything?

Okay, fine, I'll do that.

Stereotypes are NOT a form of racism. Racism is a hate for a specific race while stereotypes are actions or things that make a race look good/bad.

No, racism is prejudice towards a race. Hate is just a facet of racism.

Example: Neo Nazis hate everyone that's not white. Racism

Black people like fried chicken. Stereotype. Not all black people like fried chicken.

Asians are good at math. Stereotype.

A white man killed a black man because he was black. Racism.

These are all examples related to the first sentence (the one I already answered but which you dismissed as being a "minor detail" despite being the main point of your post). I think it is easy to see my position on this part of the post if you read my first sentence, but since apparently not, I am of the opinion all these four examples are racism. The asian one is postive racism, but racism nonetheless.

Also when did I say all modern day Africans are primitive tribals? YOU said "About half way through with the tribals in loin cloths, straw and mud huts, white face paint, and bones in their face chucking spears." I searched African tribes and proved you wrong. Most tribes in Africa have rituals like what you said. Whether they are the same or not doesn't mean that I'm incorrect.

This part of the post does not pertain me, but I have to quote and write something here, because otherwise 'someone' will try and dismiss anything I write as "nitpicking".

Good job at making yourself look like a person who doesn't read and makes assumptions child.

See above.

Golly gee, it almost seems like it's the exact same thing I wrote before, only a whole lot less concise.

Happy?

EDIT: Know what? Even if you're happy, I happen not to be. This conversation is making me mad (so if you were trolling on purpose, congratulations, you win), and all because I corrected you on something that you apparently found so minor yet big enough to make a fuss about instead of just correcting me and letting us go our merry ways. You want to win this internet discussion? Fine, you win, racism is exactly that what you meant it was, despite you not making a minimum effort to defend that point and going in a tangent on my posting mothod in the finest example of ad hominem.

I tire of this. So yeah, you win. Congratulations.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#47Seksii_Girl_5(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 7:22:51 PM
boredofyou posted...
Not true. I get called a troll alot even when i have normal topics.

A good first indicator that you may be trolling the high seas of the internetz with your troll hat and troll shoulder monkey while the troll flag waves in the breeze behind you.

Need proof? Just look at the arguments already starting in this topic! Please friends, step away from your monitors/keyboards!! breath deeply and realize you are being trolled, right now.

If you have nothing to contribute then go away. how annoying you are.
---
Daniel Bryan is my future husband!
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqmczjD06s1qipitl.gif
#48iPr0kkaFTWPosted 11/4/2012 7:28:06 PM
Crimson Skys posted...
I can't believe no ones mentioned the Postal games.

Seriously this.
#49rodwipeisdeadPosted 11/4/2012 7:31:43 PM
Dead Island. Uses a derogatory term against indigenous Australians.
---
What are all these knobs for?
To put their hands in the air.
#50zyrax2301Posted 11/4/2012 7:33:16 PM
Abbo?
---
Why? Because **** you is why.