This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how is Assassin's Creed 3?

#1butniePosted 11/4/2012 7:19:27 PM
I was gonna ask on the AC3 board, but I thought it might be a little biased.

The game looks so fun and cinematic, and the 18th century America period sounds so freaking cool.

How is the game though after all the hype? Do I need to know the other ACs to understand this?
#2CyunPosted 11/4/2012 7:23:19 PM
It's easily my game of the year and I thought it was fantastic, but most people seem to hate it for trivial **** that doesn't have any baring on the main plot.
---
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/KargTheVile/4or46f6.gif
#3Crimson SkysPosted 11/4/2012 7:24:59 PM
I don't think it's gonna win any GOTY awards but it's a good game and worth a look.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#4ManuKesnaPosted 11/4/2012 7:26:08 PM
awesome
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#5Video_Game_CzarPosted 11/4/2012 7:26:13 PM
One of the best of year, and the best AC game.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#6peter_888Posted 11/4/2012 7:36:14 PM
it's a good game
There are a good amount of issues with it(like how the first 6 sequence is a tutorial, how the ending feels very lacking, occasional glitches) but it's still a pretty good game. Not my personal GOTY but still a good game nonetheless.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#7nclrwntrPosted 11/4/2012 7:37:33 PM(edited)
If you can manage to get through the first SIX hours (a SIX HOUR TUTORIAL) without killing yourself, you'll get a game that's largely identical to AC2.
#8zyrax2301Posted 11/4/2012 7:38:36 PM
I'd like to know what is different about this game which makes everyone love it.

Nobody really got out of their seat for Revelations, because it was just more of the same. This game appears to be impressing everyone. I feel like I'm falling into the AC trap again.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#9FiendingHardPosted 11/4/2012 7:38:56 PM
Cyun posted...
It's easily my game of the year and I thought it was fantastic, but most people seem to hate it for trivial **** that doesn't have any baring on the main plot.

What other games have you played this year? Just curious.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: XCOM, Vanquish, Bayonetta, Dishonored, Final Fantasy 6
#10nclrwntrPosted 11/4/2012 7:41:03 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
I'd like to know what is different about this game which makes everyone love it.

Nobody really got out of their seat for Revelations, because it was just more of the same. This game appears to be impressing everyone. I feel like I'm falling into the AC trap again.

It's not any different. If you liked previous AC games, you'll like this one. If you didn't like them, you won't like this one either.