This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how is Assassin's Creed 3?

#21LaevantPosted 11/5/2012 2:59:16 AM
It's good, but not great. The opening is slow but also very interesting, so that could go either way. The freerunning is more capable in terms of what you can jump to, across etc, but Connor tends to fall off or even through things he really shouldn't, and for no reason whatsoever. The ending is a little underwhelming, but not awful.

Honestly, the minigames and side-missions are where this game shines. The naval warfare stuff is just incredible. A point against the game is the noticeable amount of glitches, such as people disappearing, becoming invincible, being immune to pickpocketing in a pickpocketing mission, and so on.

I'd give it a slightly generous 7. AC2 is better.
---
MGO (EU): Envirasu [Dream Cats]
#22brolynickPosted 11/5/2012 3:01:28 AM
AXKSION posted...
brolynick posted...
AXKSION posted...
It is the same game as:

Ass
Ass 2
Ass Bro
Ass Rev

So, if you have played any of those already, then you already have played Ass 3 and know how it is.

Nope. Hunting and naval warfare feel like different games on their own.

Aside from that, yes. All the games are the same.

Why do people like these games?

Open world, freerunning, stealth, story, etc.

The only other AC I played was AC2 so I can't say how I thought the others were, but enough has changed in AC3 for it to not be yet another ''AC2.5''
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#23oasisbeyondPosted 11/5/2012 3:02:03 AM
Like all AC games before it... In less then 1 month it will be 30$. Well, here in Montreal that is.
#24Deimos259Posted 11/5/2012 4:15:05 AM
Really damn good.
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.
#25digressivePosted 11/5/2012 8:11:08 AM
I had to force myself to play through the first 4 sequences, and regularly declared the game a broken mess. Now that I am past that, however, I am starting to warm up to the game.

D
#26true_gamer80Posted 11/5/2012 8:39:31 AM(edited)
Anyone and I mean anyone that bashes this game clearly hasnt played through it...thats how good it is and what it offers.

Im not even the biggest AC fan but man, AC3 is one of the best games I have ever played in well over 20 years of gaming. The quality,content etc is top notch and amazing, there is so so so much to do, its mind boggling.

Not only is it one of the best this gen but easily one of the best games I have ever played...amazing game and to the ppl hating on it...your making yourselves look silly, if you dont like it or not your thing so be it but to bash it....ppl dont even need to repsond to that craziness lol...the game is amazing!

and yes the first few hours start off slow, I was even like been here done this and was getting worried, however after a few hours(roughly sequence 5-6) the game gets absolutely amazing, thats when everything starts to really open up

They also need to make a spinnoff or new game outright all centering around naval battles! Freaking sweet...this game is just awesome!

I find it odd this game even if its not your thing isnt a hell of alot more appreciated. The game is suburb and I have much respect for Ubi for the work that went into this game. I think it goes to show how many take so much for granted this gen. Such an amazing game is actually hated on or bashed...its just crazyiness

---
Mastamind - Devil's Symphony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXw0v2OfdCg&feature=related
#27JoeydollazPosted 11/5/2012 8:31:34 AM
First 5 hours are the worst game ever

the rest seems like AC games meets READ DEAD
---
"Metal Gear Rising will be a port on PS3, P+ are xbots devs that never created/developed or even ported Bayonetta on PS3"- 12/2011
#28bob15xPosted 11/5/2012 8:56:13 AM
I have really been enjoying it and I liked the first 6 hours because it was important in the story development. I can understand that people want to just get at it, but that would take away from the game.

And damn I love driving the boat.
#29Dark_EpathyPosted 11/5/2012 9:01:26 AM
I haven't played it yet, but it can't be worse than Revelations. Which isn't to say I thought Revelations was bad--it was good--but it was way too cluttered, and its filler status really irritated me more than I thought it would. Nothing happened. I mean--nothing.

As bad as AC3 may be in some regards, at least I know stuff will go down. Looking forward to getting it later.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#30NettoSaitoPosted 11/5/2012 9:24:06 AM
A lot of AC fans are actually ticked off about it, and have been quitting before they even got the main game.

The thing is, it has a VERY VERY VERY slow start, and you don't even make it to the true "start" of the game until about 5 hours into the thing. Basically, the intro of this game was longer than Ezio's entire "young adult" years.

Once you get past that though, it's pretty great! The maps are massive compared to what we've seen in the past, the game feels more like one of them open world WRPGs in a way, there's a lot of side quests to go on, and it's just flat out fun exploring the world as it was back then. Also if you live in the US, you can pretty much relate to the game's story.

It's really a big change from AC2, one that not all fans will like, but overall it's a pretty solid game, and it is a lot of fun! Really, I actually like how slow the game's story is lol. I mean every other game has jumped right into the action, while this game actually shows everything that builds up to the "main action."
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito