This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Halo 4 Metacritic - 87, Killzone 3 Metacritic - 84

#21PhaseBlackPosted 11/4/2012 11:43:54 PM
_Cyberpunk posted...
Killzone 3 is Killzone perfected.

What the f*** does that even mean?! Killzone means what to the FPS genre? LOL Oh god. I'm out.

It means everything they tried to do to make Killzone unique in Killzone 2 actually worked in Killzone 3, making it by far one of the best FPS games.
---
PSVita & 3DS
#22lostkiwiPosted 11/4/2012 11:50:45 PM
Except on these boards anything under 90% is considered a failure.

Thank god we've got Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War 3, God of War Collection, Journey, ICO Collection, Killzone 2, MBL 9, MBL 10, MBL 11 & Okami HD to stop this generation from being a total write-off.
---
Please support the gaming industry that both you and I love by choosing to play your games legally.
#23tonyalmaedaPosted 11/4/2012 11:55:16 PM
I like the single player of Killzone2 Waaaaayy better than Killzone3. Killzone3's single player felt like Black ops. It didnt feel like killzone. But I like the Multiplayer more in Killzone3 than 2.

So with that being said there is definitely a chance Halo4 is better than Killzone3 since Killzone3 wasnt completely better than Killzone2.
---
Lord Major General Tonyalmaeda of the Royal Overlord Guard/PSN jezandjac and Senior Sony Rep.
Personal and UNMATACHED Assassin for the Overlord
#24tonyalmaedaPosted 11/4/2012 11:58:08 PM
And look I was right Killzone2 -91%
---
Lord Major General Tonyalmaeda of the Royal Overlord Guard/PSN jezandjac and Senior Sony Rep.
#25nonexistingheroPosted 11/5/2012 12:00:26 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
Honestly I doubt Halo 4 is as good as Killzone 3

Of course it isn't, it's much better.

Seriously though, I don't see the appeal of Killzone. Haven't played Halo 4 yet, but the first 3 games are most certainly much better than any Killzone game.

No it isn't. Halo 4 seems to be taking Halo in a stagnated direction while trying to appeal to Call of Duty fans with the online set-up

Killzone 3 is Killzone perfected. The controls do not have any input lag like Killzone 2 yet still have the weighty feel while the aiming is smooth as hell. I love the shooting mechanics and the realistic sounds of each weapon too, and the brutal melee is insane.

I have yet to play any FPS this gen as good as it

I personally don't like Killzone much. And to be honest, I don't notice much difference between it and Call of Duty either in the multiplayer. Single player, sure. But it's too scripted for me to enjoy it. I much prefer Halo's freedom and pacing.

I come from both PC and console FPS though. On PC I started with the likes of Quake and Unreal Tournament. On consoles, I started with Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#26kcypher2000Posted 11/5/2012 12:13:50 AM
Wait a second do reviews matter or not cause people on this site are so inconsistent.

Truth of the matter is that Halo 4 will sell more than all KZ games combined which in business is what really matters.
#27dj___rollPosted 11/5/2012 12:25:00 AM
Quote:Wait a second do reviews matter or not cause people on this site are so inconsistent.

Truth of the matter is that Halo 4 will sell more than all KZ games combined which in business is what really matters.

@kcypher2000
Care to point out who's contradicting themselves or are you just going make an argument out of nothing with no reason for it?

I'm in the business of playing games, not selling them. Why would I care if the game I like or not sells more than a similar game? So long as it sells enough to make a sequel and have the online go for a year I'm happy in that regard. Pity you only enjoy games that sell more. That must really limit your game playing.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#28kcypher2000Posted 11/5/2012 12:30:23 AM
dj___roll posted...
Quote:Wait a second do reviews matter or not cause people on this site are so inconsistent.

@kcypher2000
Care to point out who's contradicting themselves or are you just going make an argument out of nothing with no reason for it?

I'm in the business of playing games, not selling them. Why would I care if the game I like or not sells more than a similar game? So long as it sells enough to make a sequel and have the online go for a year I'm happy in that regard. Pity you only enjoy games that sell more. That must really limit your game playing.

Oh no kiddo I am trying to explain the very simple concept of economics. Reviews and opinions of fanboys like you do not indicate "DEMAND". DEMAND is measured by consumers willing to purchase the game. So Sales is the best and only indicator of how much gamers really want a game. Its the put up or shut up of commerce. If you think something is of good enough quality then put up the money or shut up and stop bragging about how great it is cause you didn't think it was worth buying.

Very sad that i have to explain that to you but when you are older you will take a class called Econ 101.
#29RayconPosted 11/5/2012 12:31:31 AM
tonyalmaeda posted...
I like the single player of Killzone2 Waaaaayy better than Killzone3. Killzone3's single player felt like Black ops. It didnt feel like killzone.

I agree. I prefer the darker tone of Killzone 2... and the art style somewhat as well. Though it was nice to get some color in an FPS for once, I grew really fond of Killzone's 2's "atmosphere."
---
"Also kind of amusing that he says the 360 is fully BC with original Xbox games."
"Why? Except for some exceptions, it's true."-Sailor Goon
#30tonyalmaedaPosted 11/5/2012 12:43:57 AM
"I agree. I prefer the darker tone of Killzone 2... and the art style somewhat as well. Though it was nice to get some color in an FPS for once, I grew really fond of Killzone's 2's "atmosphere.""

Killzone3 only felt "Grand and larger than life" on two parts for me. the mauwler and in the junkyard. Killzone2 felt fantastic from begining to end. Killzone2 was my favorite FPS this gen. The killing was excellent, no game did it better, and the echo of the gunfire and the sound all together was fantastic. And the music was epic. The most challenging last boss fight. Add all of that up and Killzone2 competes with ALOT.
---