This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any games that you regret buying?

#171FellDudePosted 11/5/2012 8:23:00 PM
MvC3... because CC released UMvC very shortly thereafter and made the versions non-compatible for dlc & online.

RE:ORC... Literally half this game was DLC.

FF13... Sazh, excessive handholding & 20 hour corridors don't do a thing for me.

Heavy Rain... Very boring.

Turning Point Fall of Liberty... just rubbish.

Vampire Rain... more rubbish.
---
Of all the game consoles ever made, the Xbox 360 is the one closest to perfecting the hundred percent failure rate. - Former Owner of 3 of Microsoft Xbox 360's.
#172mastrchief33Posted 11/5/2012 9:08:45 PM
I didn't like inFamous or Resistance. I only buy exclusives for my PS3 and I have to say those two franchises did nothing for me. Thankfully, Heavy Rain, God of War and the Uncharted series made me feel a lot better about my decision to pick up a PS3.
#173kel25Posted 11/5/2012 9:26:47 PM
I've bought several games that I regretted buying on the PS3. Most of them come from wanting to play any good RPG and buying several of them even if they looked like crap because there was nothing else on the market.

Apache Air Assault - Horrible controls kill any fun that one could have had from this game.

Cross Edge - Crap RPG.

Demon's Souls - Dull RPG. It is an extremely overrated game that is no where near as difficult as people claimed.

Dungeon's and Dragons Daggerdale - This game should never have been released in the state it was in.

Final Fantasy XIII - Crap RPG that killed the little interest I had left in the FF series.

Front Mission Evloved - I got it for $5 and that was still way too much for this game.

Hyperdimension Neptunia - Crap RPG.

Nier - Another dull game with a very forgettable story. It was the best RPG on this list but that is like saying it is better to get punched in the stomach than kicked in the balls.

Red Dead Redemption - I despised a lot of the farm missions and the story had me facepalming several times at just how stupid the main character was.

Skyrim - A glitchy mess that never worked properly while I owned it.

Star Ocean International - Oh god the characters were bad. I couldn't bring myself to finish this one because of how annoying they were.
#174RoninBotPosted 11/5/2012 9:38:11 PM
SkyChaseZone posted...
MGS4
Ruined one of my favourite game series. I wish I could forget it and have it not taint the franchise but I can't :(

i never really post on this site just love to see what people think about the "big games" and almost never bash someone for there opinion we are all entitled to think what we want. but that is the stupidest s*** i have read on here and there are some morons on these boards. MGS4 is the best game ever man. get a grip dude and turn off the gay a** halo or cod your playing.
#175AlltraPosted 11/5/2012 9:39:50 PM
I regret buying Cross Edge. I was so RPG starved that I ignored the criticisms of the game, and I'm paying the price now for my desperation.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#176LukePlayerPosted 11/5/2012 9:44:29 PM
Tiger Woods golf for $7. I think I might have looked through the menu once
---
I have a Ph.d in Horribleness
#177Bleach313Posted 11/5/2012 9:56:40 PM
FF13
FF13-2
Duke Nukem Forever
Fallout New Vegas
Marvel vs Capcom 3 (because of UMVC3)
Street Fighter 4 (because of SSF4)

Yeah I got a lot of games I regret. I DEFINITELY regret getting those Capcom fighting games, what's the point of getting it when the better and more updated one comes out later.
#178CTBradumsPosted 11/5/2012 10:05:26 PM
Kengo: Just a bad game. Sounded cool, seemed cool, but the game itself was pathetic.
FFXIII: I hated it. The characters were terrible, the storyline was bad and convoluted, and the gameplay and battle system were bad.
Skyrim: Because I got it on PS3. 'Nuff said.
#179Albert1285Posted 11/5/2012 10:07:01 PM
Deux Ex: Human Revolution

terribly boring as hell
#180drGigglessPosted 11/5/2012 10:40:08 PM
mastrchief33 posted...
I didn't like inFamous or Resistance. I only buy exclusives for my PS3 and I have to say those two franchises did nothing for me. Thankfully, Heavy Rain, God of War and the Uncharted series made me feel a lot better about my decision to pick up a PS3.

Agreed. I do not see the appeal in InFamous at all and Resistance is a 2nd rate shooter.