This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any games that you regret buying?

#51megamaticsPosted 11/5/2012 7:40:46 AM
Alone in the Dark (ps2)
Smackdown VS Raw 2007- SmackDown Vs Raw 2011
Sonic Heroes
Star Ocean 4
Warriors Beat em up (XBLA)
Final Fantasy 13
Resident Evil 5
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#52JerichoDarkstarPosted 11/5/2012 7:43:25 AM
Prototype. I hated that game! Horrible. . . HORRIBLE attempt at a copy of inFAMOUS. Now, that. . . was the definition of a good game.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
#53captainjeff87Posted 11/5/2012 7:45:24 AM
Brutal Legend. Blatant God of War/DMC rip off with Jack Black.

The Saboteur. Wanna-be GTA.

Fracture. Boring as hell.

Modnation Racers. Not anything like LBP.

Prototype. Infamous is far better, this guy is just a emotionless boring wanna-be Cole.
---
PSN: CaptainJeff87 (please say Gfaqs in friend request msg)
#54murry_the_skullPosted 11/5/2012 8:01:48 AM
Red Dead Redemption. Couldn't care about any of the characters (and I really tried to care about John), didn't care about the story, and found the only thing cool was the ending.
---
PSN Name: XxSpartanGamerxX
Add me if you want
#55kuterPosted 11/5/2012 8:03:31 AM
Dishonored. Games really got waayyy too much hype for it's repetitive and boring gameplay
#56mmc2679Posted 11/5/2012 8:12:00 AM
Game of Thrones: Liked the story but the battles are too hard later in the game making the game unplayable. Wasted $40 for no reason.

There are others but this is the latest one.
---
Since I am here that means I am hopelessly lost and need your help with something (or I have nothing better to do at the moment).
#57Bebop242Posted 11/5/2012 8:28:20 AM
Starhawk, paid full price day one. Played the glorified tutorial called a single player campaign and never played it again.

Twisted Metal paid full price day one. Completely broken online at launch. Good game, but wish I waited for $30 price point.

Duke Nukem $1.99 new at Best Buy. Thought to myself, "can't go wrong for 2 bucks" I was wrong.
#58EtherPhoenixPosted 11/5/2012 8:29:02 AM
Impaired Medic posted...
Unlimited SaGa
Armored Core 5
Skyrim
Resident Evil 5

Skyrim as well.

I am glad I only borrowed Unlimited SaGa. I was very excited to play it since I played (and still play) the heck out of SaGa Frontier. Boy, I did NOT like that game.

Also, FFXIII.
---
I left myself logged in on my friend's CPU and he changed my sig to this ^_^;
#59Fat_Dog_MendozaPosted 11/5/2012 8:32:20 AM
Valkyria Chronicles. The characters were stupid, the story was dull, and the gameplay was aggravating.
#60WinterKitsunePosted 11/5/2012 8:41:48 AM
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Not only a terrible PC port, combat was mostly spamming the strongest skills you have and insta-win. Not to mention so many pots you were basically invincible. Too easy even on the hardest difficulty.

Bioshock 2. The game itself wasn't bad, but GFWL is just awful. I avoid any game that requires it now.

Prince of Persia collection: It was cheap for all of them so I thought I'd get it but... I don't really enjoy the games that much. Platforming bits are fun but the combat is more annoying and ruins the enjoyment more than anything.

Winter Voices: This game tried to put everything into creating a story. It was interesting and I did want to know what happened but the combat itself was just... so bad it was unplayable for me.

Mirror's Edge: Controls were... completely unresponsive or just didn't register like I wanted. Character even somehow fell while ziplining. Just..no.

I can name a lot more games I was pleasantly surprised with however.
---
To see if a normal person is still alive you check for a pulse. For a gamer you check for a complaint.
- Something Positive