This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch vs. Tales of Xillia, best JRPGs next year

#61pecorrePosted 11/6/2012 7:53:01 AM
Too hard to tell.

I was a huge fan of Dragon Quest 8/9 so Ni no kuni sound very interesting.

However, Tales of XIllia looks good. I have not played a Tales game in a very long time and it may be a good game to get back in the series.

I'll probably buy both anyway.
#62TiaelPosted 11/6/2012 7:53:17 AM
SieKensou posted...
i believe last story is for an older audience than xenoblades
xenoblades is for an older audience than tales of graces

however, these are all still only by 1-3years apart (target audience age)

And I've disagreed with you on this stance before on the Xillia boards, as have many others.
But hey, you're entitled to how you feel.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#63HakaiVeilPosted 11/6/2012 7:54:12 AM
NNK.

If this was Xillia 2, then I'd be tossed between.
#64ChIoe_ValensPosted 11/6/2012 7:54:54 AM
I'm looking forward to both.
#65LLL_DeadlyPosted 11/6/2012 8:03:24 AM
I've played both, Ni no Kuni is far better. It's more polished, has (IMO) more enjoyable characters, FAR better music (Joe Hisaishi is godly) and generally feels more complete. Xillia does, however, have a superior battle system despite it being one of the worst Tales battle systems to date, and definitely the worst among the HD titles.
#66Evil_GogetaPosted 11/6/2012 8:05:05 AM
LLL_Deadly posted...
I've played both, Ni no Kuni is far better. It's more polished, has (IMO) more enjoyable characters, FAR better music (Joe Hisaishi is godly) and generally feels more complete. Xillia does, however, have a superior battle system despite it being one of the worst Tales battle systems to date, and definitely the worst among the HD titles.

I found ToX battle system quite mediocre...NNK was good but its more of a throwback to old JRPGS.

Love this game, only game this gen I`ve completed more than once! (Thrice!!)
---
PSN: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Currently Playing: (PS3) JJNKNB HD (PC) Guild Wars 2, The War Z (ARC) Persona 4 Arena
#67LLL_DeadlyPosted 11/6/2012 8:08:05 AM
Evil_Gogeta posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...

I found ToX battle system quite mediocre...NNK was good but its more of a throwback to old JRPGS.

Love this game, only game this gen I`ve completed more than once! (Thrice!!)

I could never get into Ni no Kuni's battle system, it just felt...kinda off to me. But it's well-done nonetheless. Kinda surprising considering I could get into Level-5's other battle systems (Dark Cloud, Danball Senki etc). Yeah, Ni no Kuni is my favorite RPG this gen tied with Tales of Vesperia.
#68mgs4fan540Posted 11/6/2012 8:08:40 AM
xillia.

NnK was so boring
---
------
Re6 is pretty damn awesome yo, what up with all the hate? Same goes for DmC
#69superbowl54Posted 11/6/2012 8:12:03 AM
Neither

Neptunia V
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena,, Metro 2033, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles
#70digidevilwilPosted 11/6/2012 8:34:20 AM
Lightning Returns.

Xillia is a rushed piece of crap, and NNK really only has nice visuals accommodated with generic, un innovated rpg features, and a really dull, easy battle system. Both games are been there done that, and not even that great at that.

Lightning Returns, even if it ends up not being great, it will be interesting at least, and looking at games like Type-0 and Crisis Core. I don't think Lightning Returns will be that bad.
---
PSN: PandaKingEX