This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IGN gives LittleBigPlanet Karting a 5/10

#101AnthonM2Posted 11/6/2012 6:25:48 PM(edited)
I ask everyone who hates IGN please boycott it forever for the good of the industry, I did long time ago.
#102CGB_SpenderPosted 11/6/2012 6:13:36 PM
Sony needs to get with the times and pay for those better scores like people foolishly think Microsft did for the immortal Halo 4.
---
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2210/4016647774_8f8d4e0212.jpg
#103dacekidPosted 11/6/2012 6:19:28 PM
I watched their review and all their complaints seem legit.

Like I said before, my favorite part of Modnation was creating mods. You can't do that in this game because you're forced to use Sackboy. Hell you can't even design your own kart in this. They took away the best parts of Modnation.
---
Here lies the graves of gamefaq users pwn'd by dacekid. May they rest in peace: RyuuHou25
#104MourningReignsPosted 11/6/2012 6:20:54 PM
Libs368 posted...
I never had any intention of picking this game up UNTIL i read that horrible review on IGN.

All of the things he complains about will be non existent when playing online, on peoples custom tracks.

The review doesn't even mention you being able to download and play other peoples tracks, it just says the editor is too time consuming and confusing for him.

Horrible, pointless review. It reminds me when I do not trust IGN for anything this gen.

So you should base a review on what COULD HAPPEN rather than what exists in the package?
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#105RollingCradlePosted 11/6/2012 6:30:32 PM
Wow, sounds more like LittleBigPlanet Farting.
#106Battleship_GrayPosted 11/6/2012 6:34:14 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
Universquall posted...
Video_Game_Czar posted...
Guess the PS3 board will hate IGN until they give The Last of Us/God Of War/Sly Cooper 4 great reviews.

Good times.

Remember that time when someone did that? Imaginary times.

So you're saying that it never happens?

It never has or will happen. It only appears to happen if you throw on the blinders and ignore half the board.
---
http://citizen-industries.deviantart.com
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#107ChargrilledPosted 11/6/2012 11:45:10 PM
dacekid posted...
I watched their review and all their complaints seem legit.

Like I said before, my favorite part of Modnation was creating mods. You can't do that in this game because you're forced to use Sackboy. Hell you can't even design your own kart in this. They took away the best parts of Modnation.

---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#108EoinPosted 11/7/2012 2:23:00 AM
Weirdly, Sony in Europe have chosen this week (LBP Karting's release week) for a rather massive sale on racing games on the PlayStation Store. As part of the sale, ModNation Racers on PS3 is available for 7.50 (LBP Karting is probably going to be 50+ in most retailers). For the same price as LBP Karting, you could instead get:

ModNation Racers
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Motorstorm RC
Wipeout HD/Fury
Crash Team Racing (PSone)
Split/Second Velocity
Ridge Racer 7

There's other games in the sale as well, so even for people who dislike most of the games above, there's the possibility of grabbing things like Driver, the DIRT games, and various PS2 racing games that nobody ever bought on the PS2.

This is just weird, then, because it's really hard to see why people who don't most of the above games (i.e. a large majority of people) would choose to buy LBP Karting, at a higher price, over an assortment of those games.
#109oasisbeyondPosted 11/7/2012 3:08:43 AM
Kart games are so lame... Don't know what Sony is thinking anymore.
#110SubZeroChief23Posted 11/7/2012 3:20:24 AM
AnthonM2 posted...
I ask everyone who hates IGN please boycott it forever for the good of the industry, I did long time ago.

Translation: Wah wah they didn't give it the score I wanted so I hate them.