This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IGN gives LittleBigPlanet Karting a 5/10

#51EoinPosted 11/6/2012 10:44:42 AM
killak posted...
Was anyone honestly expecting this game to be a smash hit? It's a total cash in.

The weird thing is, it has all the properties of a cash-in, but I can't really figure out what it's trying to cash in on. I mean, lots of people have played LBP in some form, and recognition of Sackboy as a character has to be pretty high, but I'm sure that the majority of people who have one or both PS3 LBP games got them used, or for bargain prices, or from Welcome Back, or as part of PlayStation Plus. I don't think there's many people that hate LBP, but I don't think that there's all that many who unconditionally love it either.

As a game, this is going up against Modnation Racers (which of course is old, but is the very same concept executed by the very same developers, and now cheap), the new Sonic karting game which looks fairly good, and the new F1 karting game which will sell extremely well in Europe (which would surely be where LBP Karting was meant to sell most). From what I can see, this game has very few things going for it, and really tough competition in a fairly niche market.
#52naughtydog2kO3Posted 11/6/2012 10:50:55 AM
Can't spell ignorant without IGN.
---
XBL: naughtydog2k03
PSN: naughtydog2k03
#53killakPosted 11/6/2012 10:53:55 AM
The weird thing is, it has all the properties of a cash-in, but I can't really figure out what it's trying to cash in on. I mean, lots of people have played LBP in some form, and recognition of Sackboy as a character has to be pretty high, but I'm sure that the majority of people who have one or both PS3 LBP games got them used, or for bargain prices, or from Welcome Back, or as part of PlayStation Plus. I don't think there's many people that hate LBP, but I don't think that there's all that many who unconditionally love it either.

As a game, this is going up against Modnation Racers (which of course is old, but is the very same concept executed by the very same developers, and now cheap), the new Sonic karting game which looks fairly good, and the new F1 karting game which will sell extremely well in Europe (which would surely be where LBP Karting was meant to sell most). From what I can see, this game has very few things going for it, and really tough competition in a fairly niche market.

You make some really good points there.

i guess my point is that it was such an expected step for them to make.ie Cutesy characters into a Karting game.
---
My Setup - http://tinyurl.com/bwbc3ok
#54EoinPosted 11/6/2012 10:55:22 AM
killak posted...
You make some really good points there.

i guess my point is that it was such an expected step for them to make.ie Cutesy characters into a Karting game.

By the way, just to be clear, I really do think that you're right that it's a cash in (or at least an attempted one), I'm just really confused as to how Sony thought it was going to work.
#55flame030191Posted 11/6/2012 10:58:44 AM
I do have to admit, I don't see the point in owning LBP Karting when we already have ModNation Racers...
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#56killakPosted 11/6/2012 11:00:39 AM
By the way, just to be clear, I really do think that you're right that it's a cash in (or at least an attempted one), I'm just really confused as to how Sony thought it was going to work.

Yeah I got that from your confusion. I can't pin point it either, but it just feels like they're using the LBP name and characters, with a typical step. I guess that's why it feels like a cash in rather than a quality thought out product like LBP and LBP 2
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil
#57LuminescentRulePosted 11/6/2012 11:01:38 AM
This is the only negative review of the game out of 15 reviews so far.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#58THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 11/6/2012 11:13:43 AM
I like how people calling it a "cash in" without playing it first....If you played that beta it's not Modnation with Sackboys in it..........It's something different.

Basically like all the LBP's before it the is going to come into it's own once the community gets it rolling with their content (Which won't be long). Little Big Planet games greatness come from millions of stuff you get out of the games and high replayability.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#59GyrigoPosted 11/6/2012 11:15:11 AM
I think everyone is missing the point. This is a terrible game, you don't need IGN to tell you that.
#60ashcrvPosted 11/6/2012 11:17:39 AM
lol ign
lol reviews
lol people caring
lol bad scores
lol good scores
just lol
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!