This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IGN gives LittleBigPlanet Karting a 5/10

#91OEIO999Posted 11/6/2012 2:53:41 PM
Large_Tonberry posted...
Why do people still care about IGN's reviews?
#92kreteaPosted 11/6/2012 2:57:02 PM
Kingmichael1337 posted...
if (gameScore >= scoreIWanted)
printf("omg u guise this game got %f that's proof it's gud\n", gameScore);

else
printf("WTF HOW CAN YOU GIVE THIS GAME %f IF CALL OF DUTY GETS 9000/10, YOU CAN'T SPELL IGNORANT WITHOUT IGN!!!!1\n", gameScore);

Unhandled exception at line 1. Arithmetic overflow in variable "scoreWanted"
---
PSN: Kretea
#93LsnakePosted 11/6/2012 3:18:42 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
Lsnake posted...
I admit that review had me a little worried, but it's too late now, the game will arrive in the mail tomorrow, so I'll give it a completely fair and honest chance. It was sort of a spur of the moment purchase so my expectations aren't sky high. I'll see what I think of it. If it's a failure, I'll just go back to my latest love (Tales of Graces F, why the heck did nobody tell me it was so great O.o)

Why does it have you worried? Do you base your purchases on IGN scores?

No, I had already preordered it. But unlike a lot of people, I do enjoy and often agree with IGN. I used to agree more with Gamespot back in the Kasavin days, but now it's more IGN. In any case, it doesn't matter which site it is, a 5/10 is a reason to raise an eyebrow. Let's say it's given for a whole bunch of technical issues, a critical review is very useful for being informed and prepared for problems with the game. But when the first review you see us a 5/10, that is a sign that the game might not be what you'd expect. I generally don't let reviews decide, if I did I would never have bought Hyperdimension Neptunia. Loves that game.
---
-War. War never changes. (Fallout)
-War. War has changed. (MGS4)
#94RollingCradlePosted 11/6/2012 4:09:41 PM
The check bounced.
#95apocalyptic_4Posted 11/6/2012 4:11:49 PM
No matter what IGN posts it's all the same reactions here, only review scores that don't cause a rukess are 9/10 scores.

Honestly I'm not surprised at the score Mario kart will and has always been the best kart game and I have yet to see any reason to buy another cheap knock off.
---
PSN: Adrian396
XBL: Prime Legacy
#96themegaman7Posted 11/6/2012 4:12:37 PM
The gameplay felt terribly slow after playing Sonic Kart Transformed.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#97zyrax2301Posted 11/6/2012 4:13:56 PM
Kingmichael1337 posted...
if (gameScore >= scoreIWanted)
printf("omg u guise this game got %f that's proof it's gud\n", gameScore);

else
printf("WTF HOW CAN YOU GIVE THIS GAME %f IF CALL OF DUTY GETS 9000/10, YOU CAN'T SPELL IGNORANT WITHOUT IGN!!!!1\n", gameScore);

nerd
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#98kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 4:39:00 PM
apocalyptic_4 posted...
No matter what IGN posts it's all the same reactions here, only review scores that don't cause a rukess are 9/10 scores.

Honestly I'm not surprised at the score Mario kart will and has always been the best kart game and I have yet to see any reason to buy another cheap knock off.

yeah well thats how things have always been
---
Got it Memorized?
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#99Libs368Posted 11/6/2012 5:57:04 PM
I never had any intention of picking this game up UNTIL i read that horrible review on IGN.

All of the things he complains about will be non existent when playing online, on peoples custom tracks.

The review doesn't even mention you being able to download and play other peoples tracks, it just says the editor is too time consuming and confusing for him.

Horrible, pointless review. It reminds me when I do not trust IGN for anything this gen.
---
PSN - drhummingbird
Doctor, doctor what am I in for?
#100AXKSIONPosted 11/6/2012 5:59:21 PM
Can't spell sign without IGN.

Anyhow, what did anyone expect? Mario Kart, even with the blue shells, is the far superior game.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!