This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D you are buying Ni No Kuni because of Studio Ghibli

#31Kingmichael1337Posted 11/6/2012 1:35:31 PM
Tiael posted...
UltimaKeyMaster posted...
Partial C if I end up getting it, the other partial is because IT'S LEVEL 5 FOR PETE'S SAKE.

Also:
Kingmichael1337 posted...
D, not buying it b/c it's a jrpg and those are terrible

what kind of name is "ni no kuni" anyway; those aren't even words (except maybe "no" but even that makes no sense)

1. Implying an entire genre that gave us countless classics is terrible=LOL
2. They're words in Japan. Seriously, someone sounds like a xenophobe here.

The Another World: Wrath of the White Witch
Or Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

I prefer the latter.

So why not just call it Another World or The Other World? Picturing a fat white neckbeard saying like "neee noh koony" just kinda makes me cringe tbh.
---
the mods are watching me
10/22/12 @ 12:21:04 AM - successfully disputed suspension, LOL
#32UltimaKeyMasterPosted 11/6/2012 1:36:48 PM

lol if anything it gave us countless classics because you can't count them because there aren't any

and i guess the localization team screwed up because the game's title hasn't even been translated to english yet. do you understand how awkward it is listening to white teenagers try to talk japanese? if the game is gonna be released here it should have an english title

First of all, Ni No Kuni alone is...not at all hard to pronounce.

Second, I guess Final Fantasy (earlier ones if you want to avoid split fanbases), Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Breath of Fire, Mana, Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei (and Persona), among ten million others are series you haven't even heard of?
---
PSN-BrandonSkyblade
#33UltimaKeyMasterPosted 11/6/2012 1:37:50 PM

So why not just call it Another World or The Other World? Picturing a fat white neckbeard saying like "neee noh koony" just kinda makes me cringe tbh.

Maaaybe not Another World by itself. There's another really short 90's game called the exact same thing that might confuse people. XD
---
PSN-BrandonSkyblade
#34Kingmichael1337Posted 11/6/2012 1:37:52 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Also:

what kind of name is "ni no kuni" anyway; those aren't even words (except maybe "no" but even that makes no sense)

lol if anything it gave us countless classics because you can't count them because there aren't any

and i guess the localization team screwed up because the game's title hasn't even been translated to english yet. do you understand how awkward it is listening to white teenagers try to talk japanese? if the game is gonna be released here it should have an english title

But it is translated!

Ni is the name of the main character.
Kuni is an item from the game.
No speaks for itself.

so then the game's title should be changed to be grammatically correct. it's gotta be like "Ni Has No Kuni" or "Ni, But No Kuni" or "Ni Without a Kuni" or something.
---
the mods are watching me
10/22/12 @ 12:21:04 AM - successfully disputed suspension, LOL
#35kupo1705Posted 11/6/2012 1:39:00 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Also:

But it is translated!

Ni is the name of the main character.
Kuni is an item from the game.
No speaks for itself.

so then the game's title should be changed to be grammatically correct. it's gotta be like "Ni Has No Kuni" or "Ni, But No Kuni" or "Ni Without a Kuni" or something.

It's written in the way of the fictional language in the game.
The language is called Ninininokuni.
#36UltimaKeyMasterPosted 11/6/2012 1:39:27 PM

Grammatically correct in Japan. Which is fine when we have a LOT of people willing to buy more niche titles.
---
PSN-BrandonSkyblade
#37ShinXaguraPosted 11/6/2012 1:41:56 PM
D. Buying it because the gameplay looks great
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#38ScreamingMidgetPosted 11/6/2012 1:45:23 PM
Buying because I like good games.
#39Rasputin77Posted 11/6/2012 1:45:24 PM
D. Letting my GF buy it because it looks like something she would enjoy, then playing it on my PS3 once she's done playing it on her PS3. ;)
---
Best POTD EVER: "I live with my parents" = 52.03%
"Let's talk about the trolls way more than they actually post." - Wii U board logic
#40TiaelPosted 11/6/2012 2:00:16 PM
Tiael posted...
Partial C if I end up getting it, the other partial is because IT'S LEVEL 5 FOR PETE'S SAKE.

Also:

The Another World: Wrath of the White Witch
Or Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

I prefer the latter.

Cause The Another World: Wrath of the White Witch is a mouthful.
And contrary to your belief, not everyone is anti Japanese.
Ni no Kuni, not hard to pronounce it.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!