This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any PS3 users getting a,,,,,,,, Wii U?

#71InsomniacsoulPosted 11/6/2012 10:22:19 PM
Of course. :D
#72UltimaZangetsuPosted 11/6/2012 10:23:08 PM
Nope. Don't even plan to play a friend's
---
"As I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother ****er in the goddamn valley!"
#73ColorfulColorsPosted 11/6/2012 10:23:49 PM
hotgamer posted...
Why would I get a console barely on par with current gen? I will wait for the real next gen and get a ps4 and maybe a new xbox too (if they have good exclusives this time).

Whether you like it or not...the Wii U IS next gen. Besides, its more powerful than both of those systems. And the PS4 and Xbox 720 aren't going to be that big of a step up anyway.
---
Appearently to Linetrix, I'm a female raging kid who can't speak English but can speak English. Riiiiiiight. sonic777 desperate to make me mad.
#74KJAZZPosted 11/6/2012 10:27:19 PM
As with all platforms, if there are games for it, I will play it.
---
I'm just that bored..
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/8075/objectrombeai2.jpg
#75YamsPosted 11/6/2012 10:29:01 PM
Looks like it will have a more respectable library that the Wii...but I probably won't get one.
#76jessica73Posted 11/6/2012 10:30:21 PM

Whether you like it or not...the Wii U IS next gen. Besides, its more powerful than both of those systems. And the PS4 and Xbox 720 aren't going to be that big of a step up anyway.

It's going to be funny when people see these end up being closer to each other than any gen instead of some gargantuan gap like this gen or even a slightly smaller one like ps2/dc vs GC/Xbox

U is nice, and far better than the specs in current stuff.
---
http://steamcard.com/do/nxe/thebotqueen.png
#77NicodimusPosted 11/6/2012 10:33:50 PM
Not planning on it. I don't want a screen on my controller. I bought a 61" HDTV to use for gaming, not so it could sit idle while I hunch over and squint at a little screen.
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)
#78Allied77Posted 11/6/2012 10:38:05 PM
Who on earth is seriously going to buy this stupid contraption? Nintendo seems like it's always taking one step forward and two steps back.

A screen on the controller? Really? I don't even like portables, why on earth would I want my home console to be able to magically transformed into one? And the games on it aren't even worth the hassle.

I foresee Nintendo losing millions over this. I'm taking whatever cash I'd use towards this and buying a SupaBoy.
---
"Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
#79MC_BatCommanderPosted 11/6/2012 10:43:37 PM
Probably not. I wasn't wowed by the Wii, but if the Wii U gets enough interesting titles then I'll pick it up after a price drop.
---
#####
#80NicodimusPosted 11/6/2012 10:46:04 PM
Who on earth is seriously going to buy this stupid contraption? Nintendo seems like it's always taking one step forward and two steps back.

A screen on the controller? Really? I don't even like portables, why on earth would I want my home console to be able to magically transformed into one? And the games on it aren't even worth the hassle.

I foresee Nintendo losing millions over this. I'm taking whatever cash I'd use towards this and buying a SupaBoy.

There are many people who *still* see Nintendo AS video games from the dominance back in the NES days. My parents call every video game Nintendo. Wii reached tons of casuals too, reinforcing the company's reputation in gaming. Nintendo could release a betamax VCR at this point, and it would sell well based on the brand name alone.

Having said that, I'm genuinely puzzled as to who thought:

-That Wii-U was a good console name
-That anyone wanted to game on their controller instead of their HDTV.
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)