This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playstation 3 problem: what is wrong with it?

#1LynksGallowPosted 11/7/2012 8:27:41 AM
I havent had a problem with my ps3 before, but today I started the machine and it will load the game, but when it comes time to load data it just keeps saying "loading" and nothing loads up. The machine eventually freezes. I turn it back on and try again and it tells me data may be corrupted. I delete the data with that game and try another game. Repeats step 1. Try again and it tells me the same thing that data may be corrupted. ALL of my data is corrupt? Even after deleting all my data for the game it wont load and freezes. Which PS3 issue do I seem to have here? There is no YLOD visible.
#2RyuuHou25Posted 11/7/2012 8:46:45 AM
Your hard drive is corrupt or being corrupted, meaning it has failed and is likely toast.

Best advice, try backing up your data, it may work, it may not, to an external and replace the HDD in the PS3 and restore all the data.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#3antoinejonesPosted 11/7/2012 8:47:25 AM
boot the ps3 into safe mode then use option 3... after the PS3 restarted and is back at the XMB boot into safe mode a second time and use option 4.. after that is complete and it restarted try playing a game again and see what happens

to boot into safe mode first make sure the ps3 is in standby mode (red light) hold down the power button and keep holding it down until the ps3 returns back to standby mode again (red light) after that let go then press and hold down the button again, keep holding it until you hear two quick beeps (one right after the other) the first beep should come when you first pres the power button and hold it, after a bit the second beep will come.. keep hold it, then after that you should hear two quick beeps, thats when you let it go. then youll be in safe mode
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#4NyStylePosted 11/7/2012 9:25:08 AM
this happened to me recently. the hard drive is done unfortunately.
#5NyStylePosted 11/7/2012 9:25:49 AM
antoinejones posted...
boot the ps3 into safe mode then use option 3... after the PS3 restarted and is back at the XMB boot into safe mode a second time and use option 4.. after that is complete and it restarted try playing a game again and see what happens

to boot into safe mode first make sure the ps3 is in standby mode (red light) hold down the power button and keep holding it down until the ps3 returns back to standby mode again (red light) after that let go then press and hold down the button again, keep holding it until you hear two quick beeps (one right after the other) the first beep should come when you first pres the power button and hold it, after a bit the second beep will come.. keep hold it, then after that you should hear two quick beeps, thats when you let it go. then youll be in safe mode

can this help the hard drive somehow? I have never heard of this when the HD goes corrupt, but am interested to know what it does.
#6antoinejonesPosted 11/7/2012 11:26:17 AM
well if your HDD is indeed dying/corrupt then no this isnt gonna magically fix a broken harddrive, but if theres just a few errors on it and its not actually corrupted/dying then yes this will fix it.. either way you dont lose anything by trying
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.