This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't the PS3 get a killer exclusive like Nintendo or Microsoft?

#101lightningbugxPosted 11/8/2012 4:27:54 AM
Helps if Sony was a developer and not just an investor.
#102LK_MASTER_GAMERPosted 11/8/2012 4:30:33 AM
LOL, go back to other consoles`s board, troll...
GOD OF WAR
Killzone
Uncharted
LittleBigPlanet (yeah....just look at how many people play it)
Grand Turismo
Ratchet & Clank

Even my friends that have chosen 360 / WII instead of PS3 recognize these as "Killer exclusives"
---
Ha! Hua! Ha! Hua! HAAAAA! *CURAGA* x10000000
#103NarutoFan07Posted 11/8/2012 4:38:47 AM
What you talking about ? Sony has lot. Gran Turismo, Uncharted and GOW
---
Interest: Anime, PS3,Wii,PSP,NDS, Manga, Jpop, Sony, AKB48
Malaysian, 18 years old
#104ChibilantePosted 11/8/2012 4:47:30 AM
Sony exclusives from previous generations were even better. Today's was just meh.
---
There's no way in hell that I can sign a signature on this...
#105ChaingunmasterPosted 11/8/2012 5:11:20 AM
thesnoopmeister posted...
darkness1018 posted...
Chaingunmaster posted...
AgitoXIII posted...
its amazing how dumb people are in this world. The OP makes a great point.

We all know the PS3 has killer apps for it's console like Uncharted and Gran Turismo. But his point (and its a good point) is that Sony doesn't seem to have the LONG TERM, super social, multiplayer blocker butster game like Smash or Halo. Which is dead on.

I'd rather have the variety of PS3 exclusives than the two or three Microsoft super-franchises that they've been relying on for the past few years. Seriously Microsoft, where the hell are the new IPs?

^ This.

Nintendo have been relying on the same franchises for 20 years.

Except they have more of them, and they cycle between them on a yearly basis rather than pump out a new one every year.
Also, some of their franchises they leave alone for a good while, like Kid Icarus.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#106Spiroth_KweehhPosted 11/8/2012 5:12:58 AM
Gran Turismo baby. HUGE game with huge dedicated community the likes of HALO haven't ever seen.
Killer app, and everyone in the world plays it like mad with the possible exception of USA.
Both socially and hardcore.

68 million sales.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#107EslyPosted 11/8/2012 6:01:45 AM
why is everyone fighting over them? everyone knows Virtual Boy and Gizmondo were the BEST!!! xD
#108RafedxPosted 11/8/2012 6:10:34 AM
I didn't feel like reading 11 pages of what I am sure has a ton of trolling.

Nintendo has been around the longest, they have the longest running franchises for the most part so obviously when casuals get together they are going to want to play Mario Wii or something like Mario Kart or even Mario Party.

Halo has been MS ONLY large named first party title that most people care about, no one will say "Dude lets go to your place and play the Witcher 2." the only other thing MS has is the Kinect which casuals will all know what that is and they will want to play Dance Central. I cannot deny that when I was in the Army everyone wanted to play Halo, no one ever mentioned anything else other than the mods I had installed to play NES and SNES.

SONY might not have that casual two player experience that it seems TC wants, but to be honest it has enough third party titles that are two player to go with, but you will hear casuals talk about Uncharted, Twisted Metal, Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Turismo, and God of War and my personal most anticipated game The Last of Us, I know not many people know about it but I know that game is going to slam anything that ever came out on the Nintendo and Xbox at least for me.

SONY, MS and Nintendo all have their go to games, some are geared towards casuals, some are for fans of a more cinematic approach, some are two player oriented, and some are for the hardcore fans.

(I own all 3 systems, Wii and PS3 get the most use, the 360 is only used for Kinect as I don't care about any first party titles and I get multi platform games on the PS3.)
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#109fhsfootball74Posted 11/8/2012 6:22:48 AM
Uncharted
Gran Turismo
inFamous
littlebigplanet
Ratchet and Clank
Metal Gear SOlid 4

Do you want me to go on? Obvious troll topic.
---
In SMod we trust.
#110itis41269Posted 11/8/2012 6:23:36 AM
Infamous maybe??
---
XCOM, Assassins Creed III