This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't the PS3 get a killer exclusive like Nintendo or Microsoft?

#51cell2355Posted 11/7/2012 10:22:47 PM
uncharted
---
http://www.backloggery.com/Kysuke
Not changing sig until Drew McIntyre wins a Title. (07/12/12)
#52UniversquallPosted 11/7/2012 10:48:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#53dano1126Posted 11/7/2012 10:48:39 PM
I myself remember the good days, I'm 28 years old and have been gaming since I can remember. I personally like all the major consoles. I remember when there wasn't these crazy wars over which console is better than the other sure some get exclusive titles that another will not see, but that's life. I don't see the point in flipping out over this stuff. I never wanted a ps3 until my house was broken into and my 360 was gone with all my games, my fiancée bought me a ps3 for Christmas that year and I fell in love with it. If you want the best exclusives you get a good job and earn the amount to buy all the systems you want. I just can't think back to any point when I was younger and anyone being like why can't genesis have as many killer titles as snes, it just didn't happen.
---
Living the dream!
PSN:dano1126
#54UniversquallPosted 11/7/2012 10:48:56 PM
Sony didn't think ahead. They should have started a franchise in 1997. By now they could have the franchise up to nearly 70 million copies. Instead they've only released things that lack longevity next to Halo.
---
After the Fallout
#55KhameleonPosted 11/7/2012 10:52:52 PM
It has at least 3. God of War, Killzone, and Uncharted.
#56icmdraghonPosted 11/7/2012 11:12:27 PM
The Armored Core series, 4 and 5 are PS3

They are the Microsoft equivalent to the Mech Warrior Games for the PC
---
http://www.myspace.com/draghonciege
PSN ID DraghonCiege
#57lostkiwiPosted 11/7/2012 11:18:56 PM
Hmmm

Well, in terms of PS3 exclusive franchises

- Uncharted
- Resistance
- Killzone
- God of War
- LittleBigPlanet
- Infamous
- Sly Cooper
- Ratchet & Clank
- Metal Gear Solid
- Gran Turismo
- Motorstorm
- Pixeljunk
- Jak & Daxter
- SOCOM

And that's before you even consider some of the stand alone games such as
- Heavy Rain
- Demon's Souls
- Journey
- Mag
- 3D Dot Game Heroes
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Twisted Metal
Among others

Where as 360 has:
- Fable
- Halo
- Gears
- Forza
- Dead or Alive

You can say what you'd like about the PS3, but arguing about exclusives is just dumb.

Also, a bit of trivia - The Grand Turismo series has sold almost 50% more units that the Halo Series.
---
Please support the gaming industry that both you and I love by choosing to play your games legally.
#58crunchb3rryPosted 11/7/2012 11:45:11 PM
"Nope. But they will say that about Halo and Smash."

Actually, my friends are adults. So they have never said "Let's play Smash Bros."
#59MR_SeePosted 11/7/2012 11:49:23 PM
Halo is the most overrated franchise ive ever played.
Nintendo will never be beat when it comes to exclusives, SSB, SMB, Metroid, Pokemon, StarFox, Zelda etc

but Sony beats Microsoft hands down: Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid, Killzone, God of War, Sly Cooper, Valkyria Chronicles, Heavy Rain InFamous, etc.
---
PSN ~ Incendia_Tigris
#608BombermanPosted 11/7/2012 11:49:43 PM
Well, Ratchet & Clank is pretty well known, as is God Of War, Killzone, and Uncharted.